Flight home from holiday

Ed68

This may make you giggle.

I flew home from holiday last weekend.

Was due to arrive at Gatwick at 3am but landed at Manchester at 8am. As I live about 15 miles from Manc Airport that seems like a result however my car was parked at Gatwick!

Can't be @rsed writing up the rest of the farce to get the car but I can see the funny side.............

On a similar note lad I was chatting to at Wigan, lives in Exeter, drove up for a home game recently.

Over the weekend, locked himself out of his car, had to get a plaine back to Exeter for his spare key, then a train back up to collect his car.

Ed68 said:
jimharri said:
Yeah; and?

Sorry if that didn't meet your exacting standards for a thread ;-)

I was just sick of people moaning on the main board even though we've got a better team than I've ever seen and so I thought i'd post something a little 'lighter'.

Dont worry about it mate, the thought police are out in abundance on here.

It made me laugh.

I was coming back from Turkey on a dodgy Turkish airline, We boarded the plane, but whilst getting on mechanics we're getting off, slightly worried i took my seat. The engines started and straight away we could smell burning and the engines kept cutting out the plane was obviously knackered so i got off, leaving my finished paper behind. 6 hrs later we're told they have a new plane, we get on, I get to my seat and theres my paper - I'm scared now. Other people are saying this is the same plane too. People were really getting scared now. Then over the tannoy they start playing Robbie Williams - the first line to the song was "I dont wanna die...." I didnt know whether to laugh or cry!

Vonk's Konk said:
On a similar note lad I was chatting to at Wigan, lives in Exeter, drove up for a home game recently.

Over the weekend, locked himself out of his car, had to get a plaine back to Exeter for his spare key, then a train back up to collect his car.
It would have been cheaper/quicker to get a hotel room and get someone to post his spare key to him.

Or get his car towed back to Exeter.

Or, if the key was in the car, break the window.

I flew home about 3 weeks ago... I'd been ill with food poisoning and got horribly drunk on Crlsberg Export and Smirnoff ices... great flight...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.