Florian Wirtz

I cannot see how we accommodate Paqueta, Wirtz, Foden, De Bruyne, Kovacic, Nunes, Bernardo and potentially Kimmich all in the same team.

We also have Savio rumored to come in and we have to keep Bobb and Lewis to look after.
Based on the rumours:
Bernado out------------>Wirtz can hopefully come in his place. (RW and CAM)
Kovacic out to Saudi???
Kalvin out--------------->Kimmich(CDM)

6:Rodri and KIMMICH
8: PACQUETA and NUNES
10: KDB and FODEN
RW:WIRTZ until KDB leaves he will mainly play the RW. When KDB leaves, he will play between the RW and CAM.
RW: SAVIO will come in once KDB leaves, once Wirtz has come into the KDB role....MAYBE?

Based on the rumours:
Bernado out------------>Wirtz can hopefully come in his place. (RW and CAM)
Kovacic out to Saudi???
Kalvin out--------------->Kimmich(CDM)

6:Rodri and KIMMICH
8: PACQUETA and NUNES
10: KDB and FODEN
RW:WIRTZ until KDB leaves he will mainly play the RW. When KDB leaves, he will play between the RW and CAM.
RW: SAVIO will come in once KDB leaves, once Wirtz has come into the KDB role....MAYBE?

Sounds good to me that mate.

I definitely wouldn't be surprised if one of Kovacic or Nunes leaves in the summer.

I think this will be Bernardo's last season with us, just a feeling. He has a rumoured £50m buyout that I think PSG trigger with Mbappe leaving.

With regards to KDB, I think he will obviously stay, but I would not completely rule out a £100m Saudi move if we win the CL again.

I think he leaves on a high like Vinny did.

Some will have to leave and I think they will.

I think Pep and Txiki are going to have a reset this summer and let some of the "legends" go in the fight for the bigger cause.

I cannot see how we accommodate Paqueta, Wirtz, Foden, De Bruyne, Kovacic, Nunes, Bernardo and potentially Kimmich all in the same team.

We also have Savio rumored to come in and we have to keep Bobb and Lewis to look after.

At least 2 or 3 of the bigger names have to leave.
yeah we only get 9 subs, bet we see 2 mids in at best. and a winger

Some will have to leave and I think they will.

I think Pep and Txiki are going to have a reset this summer and let some of the "legends" go in the fight for the bigger cause.

At least 2 or 3 of the bigger names have to leave.
I doubt we'll miss Nunes to be honest. If Saudi do come in with a rumoured £100m bid for KDB, we'll have a major decision to make, as will Kev. Then there's the perennial "Will he, won't he" Bernardo situation.

These are all realistic transfer possibilities which will create space for more incomings, with Wirtz & Paqueta being my preferred central midfield picks.

On top of that, there's been a revival of reports of our continued interest in Ezé. Wirtz, Paqueta & Ezé would cost us in the region of £300m. However, they're not bad replacements for the loss of Gundog, the potential loss of a want away Bernardo & an ageing KDB.

I doubt we'll miss Nunes to be honest. If Saudi do come in with a rumoured £100m bid for KDB, we'll have a major decision to make, as will Kev. Then there's the perennial "Will he, won't he" Bernardo situation.

These are all realistic transfer possibilities which will create space for more incomings, with Wirtz & Paqueta being my preferred central midfield picks.

On top of that, there's been a revival of reports of our continued interest in Ezé. Wirtz, Paqueta & Ezé would cost us in the region of £300m. However, they're not bad replacements for the loss of Gundog, the potential loss of a want away Bernardo & an ageing KDB.

I agree mate.

I just have a feeling this summer we might see the next phase of the transition in full flow with us moving away from the KDB, Bernardo, Walker axis that is left over from the Gundogan and Mahrez departures.

Even if KDB stays next season, I think it will be a more of an impact basis rather than a definite starter, but I do think if £100m+ comes in from Saudi, whilst I don't think we will push KDB to go, I don't think we will block a move.

As I said above, If we win the CL again and Saudi put £100m on the table I think Kev leaves like Vinny and goes out on a high and legend.

I agree mate.

I just have a feeling this summer we might see the next phase of the transition in full flow with us moving away from the KDB, Bernardo, Walker axis that is left over from the Gundogan and Mahrez departures.

Even if KDB stays next season, I think it will be a more of an impact basis rather than a definite starter, but I do think if £100m+ comes in from Saudi, whilst I don't think we will push KDB to go, I don't think we will block a move.

As I said above, If we win the CL again and Saudi put £100m on the table I think Kev leaves like Vinny and goes out on a high and legend.
I tend to agree. Pep was monitoring our commitment to go again after winning five trophies, & he's said several times that the fire is still burning within the players. However I think it's fair to say that our spirit is willing, but our flesh is definitely weaker than it was last season.

Because of Kev's injury, we've essentially lost him, Gundog & Mahrez, & had no one of the relative quality replace them, whilst Arsenal are a clinical striker away from being England's top team as it stands imo.

I still believe the Klanfield Cult are mentally operating on the fumes of Teeth's departure, & that we shit our pants & fell apart at Anfield, rather than this being an especially good Dipper team.

However the telling thing is by my recollection (discounting ManUre), we've so far failed to beat any of our main rivals & for me that's the most telling stat of the season so far.

We've nearly always been able to match & then raise our opponents under Pep, but far too many times this season we seem to have hit a glass ceiling in terms of physicality & it's cost us dearly.

Our direct opposition have improved since last season, but I think it's fair to say our squad is weaker than last season for the Kev, Gundog & Mahrez reasons I've outlined above.

I sense we have a big, pivotal summer coming up which will reshape the next iteration of Guardiola's squad. Agreed I can't see us pushing Kev out the door, but if a huge offer comes in for him & KDB's interested in a huge final Saudi payday, I could possibly see him bringing down the curtain on his illustrious City career.

Then there's the perennial Bernardo summer soap opera. Personally I also think Walker stays, mainly because of the effort Pep made to keep him in the summer, & that I think he's got another couple of seasons in him.

However, I could definitely see him returning to Sheffield Utd at the end of next season for a final, emotional swansong to his stellar career when he'll be 35.

Sounds good to me that mate.

I definitely wouldn't be surprised if one of Kovacic or Nunes leaves in the summer.

I think this will be Bernardo's last season with us, just a feeling. He has a rumoured £50m buyout that I think PSG trigger with Mbappe leaving.

With regards to KDB, I think he will obviously stay, but I would not completely rule out a £100m Saudi move if we win the CL again.

I think he leaves on a high like Vinny did.
I don’t see Bernardo leaving for PSG. He wants to return to Benfica one day and he has 2 years left on his contract from this summer with City.

If he goes to PSG he would be signing a minimum 3 year contract and is potentially prolonging his return to Benfica. Plus why go to PSG when he can win trophies with us, play in a better league and be loved by the city faithful.

2025 his price will be lowered with 1 year left on his contract and then doors will open for a return to Benfica.

edit: sorry just realised this is the Wirtz thread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.