Flying - anyone had any bad experiences?

W W

worsleyweb

Flight the other day was the worst I have been on with bad turbulance. Has anyone on here ever been in a really scary flying situation?

Yep
Everytime the cigar shaped cylinder of death hurtles down the runway I shit myself

Flew leeds/bradford to Dublin one stormy night. Fucking awful. Plane going from side to side then dropping god knows how many feet.
Good job it's only a 35 minute flight. My stomach was in bits come the end. Never been so grateful to feel terra firma.

I shit myself leading up to a flight then i cba being bothered by the time i get on my aluminium sky coffin so dose up of those small freezing cold bottles of red wine (that really winds me up) and cognac.

Flew into Athens during a thunderstorm when I was about 15. We were stacked above Athens for about 20 minutes watching the lightning all around. We were all shitting ourselves.

During another Greek holiday I had a dream about being in a plane crash, and on the flight home we hit some nasty turbulence - that was not a nice experience

Was coming back from Majorca years ago when a bloke in the que to get on the plane at Palma airport announced to a few of us that he was gonna bring the plane down & kill us all when we got airborne, I could fill a few pages here of what went on, cut short, the Spanish police took him away at the point of a gun . Problem solved ....oh no , we're on the plane ready to depart he gets on the plane, captain made him sit in the centre seats with a stewardess on either side, I'd lost a stone in sweat by now. Half an our in he goes to sleep, stewardesses get on about their job & this twat got up & tried to open the doors, forcing em , jumping at them like a loon, I was fucking petrified. Some big guy stuck the nut on him, another got him down & held his knee on his head, dragged him back to his seat , chaos it was , didn't fly for years after. I had 2 small kids on that flight & all my mrs could say was (calm as you like) don't worry he can't open the doors they're air locked !
Imagine this today ? The Spanish must have just wanted him gone , he wasn't drunk but was definitely on something.

Flew one winters evening from Dusseldorf to Manchester, blowing a bloody gale. Plane was going side to side as we were approaching the runway and lashing down with rain. As the plane tried to hit the tarmac it bounced up and went sideways and back a couple of times, tyres hit the tarmac again and did the same samba before finally landing with an almighty thump. Nobody clapped just a mighty sigh of relief to actually get on the ground.

I was on a plane with Mrs F about 1000 ft above Dubai , coming into land , when there was a huge explosion and a white material was blown all over the cabin. Passengers began to get out of there seats , and Mrs F was fretting. Strangely , it didn't bother me, though other fuck all things scare me shitless. The Cabin Crew hadn't a clue what it was and some were crying. We landed, surrounded by the Emergency services, and were eventually told they thought it was something to do with the air conditioning, and the material was insulation.

I do love flying though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.