Flying flags

mammutly

Why do people fly flags outside their houses - union jacks and stuff? We are lucky living in England in that there still aren't that many people doing it. In other places, flags cause no end of trouble so why are they getting more popular here? Passed a chip shop on the way home today and they had a great big one on a big fuck off mast outside. Why?

We don't have a flag pole at home, but if we did I would fly a white flag on the off chance that we were invaded overnight.

I find the number of st George crosses you see hanging out of bedroom windows increases the further you drive into the council estate.
Its the same with tacky Christmas lights.
Personally I find it heart warming that the proletariat display their patriotism in such a bold and colourful manner.

stony said:
I find the number of st George crosses you see hanging out of bedroom windows increases the further you drive into the council estate.
Its the same with tacky Christmas lights.
Personally I find it heart warming that the proletariat display their patriotism in such a bold and colourful manner.

It's a super indicator of who to keep an eye on in the neighbourhood :)

Locally we have a Portuguese flag and a St George, and the guy with the St George hanging tattered out of his flat window has "mentors" who take him shopping and the like.

Don't know, but a Kerry flag flies from my window every summer and a tricolour every international break.

I have this on my roof

ussr_640.png

There is nothing racist whatsoever in the actual act of flying a flag.

But let's not beat about the bush.

The chances that your local nutter who has a St. George's flag on a 50 foot pole in his garden all year round is normally the same bloke who spends Monday afternoons in the local boozer, telling every poor fucker in earshot how the Muslims are taking over the neighbourhood and everyone is gonna be forced to speak Islam by the end of the year.

Usually increases near to world cups and so on... Not as much this year as England did shit.
if we got to the semi finals or something you can guarantee most houses would have one hanging out haha....

Sad bastards.

Around here it's usually Pubs that will will have one hanging.

denislawsbackheel said:
Nob heads one and all.

Agree mate, where I live they currently have Israeli flags in Protestant areas and Palestinian flags in Roman Catholic areas. Cunts of the highest order. We have enough problems in our wee country without getting involved in other countries issues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.