Food only you like

Its not so much stuff only I would eat but its the frustration of living with two people who think a microwave chill con carne is adventurous and don't do fish or seafood nor liver ( though oddly the Mrs likes kidney ) so its food for them and food for me. Tonight it was me on my tod and I had some lovely tellines with a nice green salad and lunch tomorrow for me is a lemon sole.

I used to really like those Rani frozen curries but not eaten them for years. Company is still going in Newton Heath but I don't know anywhere that sells them.
E-mail the firm and ask. I did that for curry pies back in the day.

McDonalds rarely have the McPlant ready for me. I couldn’t be bothered to make food tonight and everyone else was served more quickly for Big Macs etc.

Cannot even say it, people think I am a monster. I had an office coworker who fainted when I mentioned it. Long time ago I had met a Kiwi in London, we became mates while he lived here, he liked the same delicacy and I felt relieved I am not the only one. Actually there are two delicacies I rally like and miss eating, but they are considered too gross to eat.

Cannot even say it, people think I am a monster. I had an office coworker who fainted when I mentioned it. Long time ago I had met a Kiwi in London, we became mates while he lived here, he liked the same delicacy and I felt relieved I am not the only one. Actually there are two delicacies I rally like and miss eating, but they are considered too gross to eat.

Durian?

No mate I like durian, although it is too damn expensive. And it is all about smell, similarly to surstromming.

I like eating brain, both from a cow or a sheep. But cow's is the best. Cleaned, sliced just under inch thick, chilled in a fridge, then pan fried after coated in flour, eggs and some breadcrumbs. Served with some mayo or even tartare sauce. And beef testicles come second best taste-wise, half cooked pan fried and then finished off in a white wine sauce.

No mate I like durian, although it is too damn expensive. And it is all about smell, similarly to surstromming.

I like eating brain, both from a cow or a sheep. But cow's is the best. Cleaned, sliced just under inch thick, chilled in a fridge, then pan fried after coated in flour, eggs and some breadcrumbs. Served with some mayo or even tartare sauce. And beef testicles come second best taste-wise, half cooked pan fried and then finished off in a white wine sauce.
Maybe try with some fava beans

I used to really like those Rani frozen curries but not eaten them for years. Company is still going in Newton Heath but I don't know anywhere that sells them.
If only to prove you weren't the only one to like Rani ready meals, I can remember my mum buying them back in the 80's and, yes, they were bloody good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.