Football betting

BlueDruid

I'm not a big gambling person but I've always put on an accumulator on a Saturday to give the results a bit of interest but I'm getting more in to it since joining PaddyPower and having the app to hand.

Can anyone advise on strategies for Acca's, Five-fold's, etc. as it is all greek to me? I always stuck to picking 7 teams to win but recently I've been adding the odd 'under 2.5 goals' or 'BTTS' to bump up the odds a little and they seem to be getting me better results/wins.

Also I use the Kick Off Betting website for potential form - is there any other better sites?

I made a (small) profit over the course of last season by waiting for the Scottish leagues to settle down and always backing the top three sides against the bottom half sides.
The difference in quality in Div 1 and 2 between the promotion-chasers and lower teams is enormous yet the bookies can't offer equavalent odds as no-one would be interested. So you'd often find Albion Rovers away at Montrose for example being 4/7 whereas in reality it should have been 1/10 as the difference in class was equavalent to City being away at Barnsley.

Include these in your accas and you can't go wrong. Except last Saturday. Fucking Peterhead!

I made a (small) profit over the course of last season by waiting for the Scottish leagues to settle down and always backing the top three sides against the bottom half sides.
The difference in quality in Div 1 and 2 between the promotion-chasers and lower teams is enormous yet the bookies can't offer equavalent odds as no-one would be interested. So you'd often find Albion Rovers away at Montrose for example being 4/7 whereas in reality it should have been 1/10 as the difference in class was equavalent to City being away at Barnsley.

Include these in your accas and you can't go wrong. Except last Saturday. Fucking Peterhead!
Celtic and Aberdeen have been helping me along too ;-)

Personally the best was to bet and to get the most money is to bet High on a small amount of teams such as favs.

Never bet what you can't afford to lose.
When I first started a few years ago I used to get a buzz out of picking random teams and looking at the potential wins in their thousands - that soon changed and my general strategy is to go for 7 favourites like Bayern, PSG, Barca, Celtic, Juve, etc. I don't bet big though as it is only for fun £3 last night got me £37 which I'll use over the course of the week for other bets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.