Football Pink

Prestwich_Blue said:
It was produced so quickly there wasn't a lot of time for checking so there were some cracking misprints. I remember one that said "Bell produced a rocket of a shit from 25 yards that went just over the bar."
brilliant!

I use to write a few letters into the Pink postbag.........Remember once i got the main headline it read " Old Trafford,sounded more like London ". classic,wish i'd have kept it,i went onto describe how after a derby at the swamp went into a boozer that was full of cockney reds.

I uet the Pink every Saturday rain or shine at the local newsagents. I remember we would start to turn up at about 5:30pm and it would turn up sometime around 6pm. Was a great read, all the sweeter of course if City had won although that was all to infrequent some seasons. Talking of t' good old days, who remembers Jim H Reeve and Tommy Doc on Piccadilly Radio 2-6 on Saturday afternoons (Not long after Saint and Greviesy had finished!)??? An afternoon of 'sychophantic banter' (as James H would say) interspered with "Its a GOAL!!" or "Oh no!!" when one went in. You would hear either and immdietly cheer or moan dependent upon where the goal had gone in. Good fun and actually something altogether more entertaining that the total over-hype we get today with football full of its own self-importance and the likes of that woeful tosser Allan Green. The fun has gone, I don't care what anybody says, its gone.

Happy days. Used to buy a copy from the MEN van outside the ticket office at Maine Road. Always amazed me how quickly they got it printed and made it available. I miss the Pink.

bladdered said:
pink.jpg
Brilliant

The banter on a Saturday evening at 6 oclock in our local papershop was brilliant...If City won it was full of blues and if they won it was full of them....all of a sudden a yellow van would drive slowly pasy and despatch a bundle of pinks wrapped up in string which someone would pick up and bring to the counter, Stan would then cut the string with an old knife and distribute the pinks to a packed shop who had paid for them in advance I can still remember the headline in 1968 when we clinched the title a Newcastle, it was "CITY CHAMPS"....happy days!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.