Football Union Threatens Legal Action

I think its abit petty to say footballers earn 1000's aweek so shouldnt moan about the amount of games.

Yes top players are well rewarded no questions about that.

To be a top athlete every part of your life is geared to being that. People say trying do a 12hr day of manual work. Well have and my body at 60 is knackered why should we wish that on to footballers ? I've talked my lads out of doing manual work, I dont want them fucked by the time they reach 60 with properly another 10 years before they retire.

If the amount of football keeps increasing than two things will happen, more doping becomes the body cant recover quick enough on it's own. The standard of football will drop, more games will be at walking pace, fans stop going.

Non of us are professional athletes so dont really understand what it takes to remain one for 20 odd years.

Modern day pitches arent like what we played on. These modern pitches are like concrete, no give what so ever. This puts alot more strain on joints etc than the old style soil pitches.

Also I think theres to much football played. I only watch City really and hate all these meaningless international games. The standard is crap perhaps the National teams should be picked from the championship only. England have a championship level manager after all.
I competed in sport at a decent level & you couldn't be more right. You'd be shocked at the small gains that produce huge margins.

At the very elite level, athletes have to watch what they eat, the amount they eat, keep well hydrated (not beer), keep supple, trained & most importantly, rest well.

A top athlete is like an F1 car. Minor adjustments are always being made to maintain advantages. In F1 the technical team make tweaks based on the circuit. In football the manager makes tweaks based on the opponent.

Most of our jobs are near enough the same, week in, week out, & we don't have anywhere near the intensive physical effort to put in that elite athlete's too.

Those who don't understand this should watch Sunday League football, where teams are working off the meat pies & beer, as they wheeze around a cabbage patch pitch clobbering everything with a pulse... Ref included some weeks. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.