For Man City Fan in Mississippi

blue banks

Hey Guys!

I am a graduate from Mississippi State University (in 2007) in the United States and a regular poster on one of our sports boards. In the Southeastern U.S., American football at the college level has always reigned supreme. However, a ton of us got swept up in World Cup fever, and didn't want it to end after it was over, so 40 of us got together, divided into pairs, and drew EPL teams to be fans of. Myself and another guy drew Manchester City, so I fully intend to be the biggest possible fan that I can be from thousands of miles away. I already have it set up so that I can watch all of the weekend games this Fall, and if I really get into it, I'll purchase a kit and try my best to create a mini Man City fanbase in my corner of the world.

What I ask from you all: Can you fill me in on the need to know knowledge if I want to become a good long distance fan? This includes things like:

1. Best players on the team
2. Who are your bitter rivals?
3. What is your play style?
4. What is your best known chant/song? (I want this for my signature on the forum I originate from)
5. Expected success level for the season? I know "we" are current league champions, and I actually watched many games last year (for fantasy football reasons), but did not have a specific team to cheer for. I do now!
6. Any other cool stuff a fan ought to know.

I could look up a bunch of this information from websites, but that would be boring, so I want to hear this kind of stuff from real fans.

Any knowledge is appreciated!

Cheers.

(i'm not Man City fan in Mississippi. I'm just facilitating him/her and placing her topic in broader reach)

blue banks said:
Hey Guys!

I am a graduate from Mississippi State University (in 2007) in the United States and a regular poster on one of our sports boards. In the Southeastern U.S., American football at the college level has always reigned supreme. However, a ton of us got swept up in World Cup fever, and didn't want it to end after it was over, so 40 of us got together, divided into pairs, and drew EPL teams to be fans of. Myself and another guy drew Manchester City, so I fully intend to be the biggest possible fan that I can be from thousands of miles away. I already have it set up so that I can watch all of the weekend games this Fall, and if I really get into it, I'll purchase a kit and try my best to create a mini Man City fanbase in my corner of the world.

What I ask from you all: Can you fill me in on the need to know knowledge if I want to become a good long distance fan? This includes things like:

Hart, Kompany, Kolarov, Zabaleta, Silva, YaYa, Dzeko, Aguero & JO
The scum
Attack attack attack attack attack
4. What is your best known chant/song? (I want this for my signature on the forum I originate from)
Bluemoon
5. Expected success level for the season? I know "we" are current league champions, and I actually watched many games last year (for fantasy football reasons), but did not have a specific team to cheer for. I do now!
Title challenge and a cup, champions league progress from group stages then who knows
Yes

I could look up a bunch of this information from websites, but that would be boring, so I want to hear this kind of stuff from real fans.

Any knowledge is appreciated!

Cheers.

1. Best players on the team - Hard to say, we have a world class first team and a fair few more on the bench.

2. Who are your bitter rivals? - title rivals are chelsea atm, man utd we hate with a reasonable amount of passion.

3. What is your play style? - complete, as in our manager demands 2 top players for each position, he likes us to control the ball and build plays up, no hoofing it forward for a sprinter to try and catch.

4. What is your best known chant/song? (I want this for my signature on the forum I originate from) many and varied bud, others will make better suggestions than me

5. Expected success level for the season? I know "we" are current league champions, and I actually watched many games last year (for fantasy football reasons), but did not have a specific team to cheer for. I do now! - win the title, progress further in champions league

6. Any other cool stuff a fan ought to know. - We are known for our fan loyalty as we were very shit until about 8 years ago and would have huge crowds at lower league games. Generally a knowledgeable fanbase who are down to earth and not snobby.
Our owner is very very dedicated and has hired the best backroom staff/suits in football. Our old stadium is called "Maine Road" and remembered fondly.

Just to note bud, in the UK we tend to have deep links to the clubs we support due to our fathers supporting a team and our fathers fathers and so on. Some people find the american ethos of picking a team a tad strange so ignore anyone calling you a "glory hunter" or "plastic".

I hope you enjoy the forum, i bet we make your home forum look like a grannies tea party, it gets messy in here at times but it is funny as fuck.

You drew the most exciting team in the league

Go straight to the History section and learn about our club, then do a little reading on the dirty red bastards and
bait them until your blue in the face.

blue banks said:
(i'm not Man City fan in Mississippi. I'm just facilitating him/her and placing her topic in broader reach)

Agent provocateur ;)

@ OP, read everything in the MCFC History sub forum and then ask questions.

4. Our anthem is Blue Moon and was quite apt in our forlorn days but perhaps our most individualistic/idiosyncratic is The Invisible man... Put your location as "not really here" and any blue will know what it means.

Hard to answer as we have so many world class players, so I'll change it to loved. Pablo Zabaleta & Vincent Kompany are both loved by every single Manchester City fan due to their attitude to the club. They give their all in matches, often playing through the pain barrier. Zaba will often put his body on the line and play on.

article-2253283-16A848DA000005DC-165_634x592.jpg

article-1388079-0C1EAD5F00000578-883_634x343.jpg

Pablo+Zabaleta+Manchester+City+v+Everton+Premier+6U1GMnkTf-Dl.jpg

Pablo%252BZabaleta%252BManchester%252BCity%252Bv%252BPortsmouth%252BCzxvjgyEY7jl.jpg

BPI-MancCityvWigaAthl-cwan.jpg

mqdefault.jpg

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ5B91-L42g[/video]

Put it this way, whoever has Manchester United (aka scum/rags/red shite/cunts, etc.) - go and piss through their letterbox. Un*ted are cunts, end of.

We play attractive football, you're lucky to have drawn us. We'll play from the back, often with our fullbacks pushing forward and overlapping the wide players. You'll often see Kolarov and Zaba drill crosses into the box/front post. Kompany occasionally romps forward. We don't hoof it, we work it.

We have a number of chants, 'bluemoon' is probably the song that opposition fans would instantly link with us

Compete for title, preferably win it. Better last seasons run in the Champions League (so reach the quarter finals this or more).

Un*ted are cunts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.