forgive my ignorance but..

2sheikhs

..how can someone sponsoring a girl in the middle east or Africa stop her being married off to some old scrote?
When the matchmaker takes him to a village in search of a potential bride, does he say ,"oh you can't have that one. Mr and Mrs Caruthers from Henley on Thames pay £3 a month to buy her exercise books."

..how can someone sponsoring a girl in the middle east or Africa stop her being married off to some old scrote?
When the matchmaker takes him to a village in search of a potential bride, does he say ,"oh you can't have that one. Mr and Mrs Caruthers from Henley on Thames pay £3 a month to buy her exercise books."

The £3 helps pay for the honeymoon.

It's the same with snow leopards. Sponsor a snow leopard for £3 a month because they're dying out.
What are they going to do? Give it a packet of fucking sausages?
And don't get me started on those pandas. If they don't feel like having a shag then it's nobody else's business. Unless the £3 can be used to buy it a bottle of frosty jack cider to get it in the mood .

they only use the £3 a month to save up to buy a dinghy, then they sail to Europe and its onto the UK for some job stealing and benefit claiming

nip it in the bud, give em nowt and campaign for overseas aid to be cut

I sponsor a young girl in Ethiopia and the small amount I pay each month helps the charity provide a school for girls to attend, she can be educated and fulfil her ambition of becoming a nurse, rather than married off as a young child. It is one of the most rewarding things, receiving a letter and updates on her progress all for the sake of the cost of a few pints...its good to know it has made a difference to her life.

It's a very thoughtful thing you're doing, BlueMojito but does the fact that she's getting an education make her off limits to being forced into marriage?
Are these girls told that it's an either or situation? Are they even given a choice?

It's a very thoughtful thing you're doing, BlueMojito but does the fact that she's getting an education make her off limits to being forced into marriage?
Are these girls told that it's an either or situation? Are they even given a choice?

From what I understand the sponsor money helps provide facilities such as health clinics, schools and info re educating families re fgm to help protect young girls from being physically mutilated and forced to marry. They explain that the funding goes to help the village as a whole where possible so girls who are not named as sponsored children can still be offered protection.

Essentially then, it sounds like it's a fund for education and healthcare.
They are powerless to do anything about what is deemed to be traditional or a religious doctrine.
That's not to dismiss what you're doing. Like I say, it's very thoughtful and I hope what you're doing has a positive effect.

Yes maybe if a family still want to marry off a young girl I guess they do, but they look to try and 'educate' parents and children about why it cam be dangerous.

I sponsor through Plan, and I've included a link incase anyone else is interested in the work they do. It explains more about what they do to help protect young girls especially through sponsorship. I would really recommend it.

Plan UK | Home http://m.plan-uk.org/?utm_source=bi... + Product_Exact&utm_term=plan sponsor a girl

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.