Francis Lee RIP

RIP Franny, you were my hero as a boy and I will never forget the great memories you created along with the rest of that wonderful City team.
What a player and legend !!
I'm gutted.....

Lasting memories of him are his goal for Derby and that photo of him standing on the wall around the pitch with arms raised, celebrating at Newcastle in '68.

He still holds the record for pens scored in a season his nickname was LeeOnePen this is from the Pink, goal scorer
Lee 1 (Pen) He has been accused of being a diver but he didnt even "win" half of the ones he scored There was a famous incident in a derby where he showed the ref how Best had dived by illustrating it in front of him and got booked for it as well
City legend RiP Franny
He was a true legend....

I remember a game at the Dell (Southampton) back in the early '70's. I was only about 11/12 and we were in the paddock along the touchline and stood right at the front. Franny went down in the box looking for the penalty and the ref was having none of it. He was sat down on his arse and whilst all the crowd were giving him stick, he just turned, smiled, held his hands out and "well you have to try don't you"?

Bless you Franny... that was the first time I had been close enough to hear players speak.... I genuinely thought they were all mute until then.

Last edited:
Can't remember if Maine Road or Burnden Park but remember seeing him playing as a 16 year old.
RIP Franny.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.