Freak season or a sign of things to come?

Martyn

So this season we have seen Leicester City win the premier league and Chelsea finishing mid table. also, Spurs will now be in the Champions League next season with United and Liverpool struggling to keep pace.
Rewind 10 years ago and you would probably wouldn't get much of a return on betting United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal would occupy the top 4 places. Since then, ourselves and Spurs have broken them up, and now Leicester have gatecrashed the party!! The 'top 4' are no more. Only Arsenal, who ironically a large portion of their fans want Arsene out, have managed to survive the shake up.
So what will future seasons hold? Will another team previously in Leicester's position last season mount a title charge? With the new premier league money coming into affect next season I can only assume that anyone would have the resources to land a champions league place or even win the league it's self!!

The new tv deal makes all premiership teams super rich and able to compete on wages with anyone. The world is full of great players. The 'top' teams can only sign so many of them. I hope it's a sign of things to come. I hope to see our club up its collective game in all areas in response.

I hope it's a sign of things to come. Footballing life under the old 'Big 4' was tedious, predictable and ran the serious risk of the English game becoming ossified. In many ways Sheikh Mansour prevented that. Certainly, a scenario where one team is utterly dominant, as united were for so long, isn't healthy or desirable for the game, and if it happened to us would run the risk of turning many of our supporters into insufferable wankers.

Looking foward to the heightened challenge of winning it next season.

If a club is ran really well I think we'll see it happen again. Few more payets and mahrez's and could happen.

I think the biggest impact of the new TV money will be on the likes of the rags and dippers, it provides far more competition for them to get back into the top 4, especially if they fail to make it this season.

TV money will allow everybody to compete. Although i'll be surprised if someone outside of City, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool wins it again for a while.

I think it is great, look at the top 9 clubs as they stand. Chavs in 9th and Leicester, Tottenham, West ham, Sothampton all either at the top or well in the mix with good players and good managers. Scousers have Klop, we have Pep coming in so us, them and all these teams will go into the summer looking positive for next year. Arse, Rags and Chavs have to sort out there managers and squads. Add in the mix the TV money and it is a massive period of change in English Football. We desperately need to finish top 4 as there is a big shake up underway.

Let's just hope that wasn't our "purple patch" like the last one "68-70" and have to wait another 30 years to win the league. All very exciting though and good for football.

The leagues obviously cash rich and will be even more so next season but the league as a whole still can't attract many of the real top players in world football and i don't think that'll change too soon.

Leicester's success is a by-product of Manchester City breaking up the so called big four. But I don't expect the media to see it this way or for City to be given ant credit for changing the face of English football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.