Fred(Signed for United)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What clearly happened with Sanchez, and has quite probably happened with Fred, is that we had a deal agreed in principle with the player. United then come in with a bigger salary offer, the player’s agent asks City to match it, we refuse and walk away from the deal.

I'd rather they do this than set a precedent for future players/agents. It doesn't seem to have worked out too bad for us so far. Plus its not like there isn't other options around in those positions. When a genuinely world class talent comes along, someone who is a one off, then we can push the boat out then.

I'd rather they do this than set a precedent for future players/agents. It doesn't seem to have worked out too bad for us so far. Plus its not like there isn't other options around in those positions. When a genuinely world class talent comes along, someone who is a one off, then we can push the boat out then.

I agree completely. It looks like we dodged a couple of bullets with Pogba and Sanchez and, as much as Fred impressed me when we played Shakhtar, I could live without getting him. There’s plenty of other midfield targets out there.

What clearly happened with Sanchez, and has quite probably happened with Fred, is that we had a deal agreed in principle with the player. United then come in with a bigger salary offer, the player’s agent asks City to match it, we refuse and walk away from the deal.
Agreed. Maybe the better example is Pogba actually, a player we were obviously interested in, then we all of a sudden weren’t interested in, then a few months later ends up at United. It’s not even a criticism, that’s what happens sometimes, the point is that it looks like that’s probably what’s gone on here.

Agreed. Maybe the better example is Pogba actually, a player we were obviously interested in, then we all of a sudden weren’t interested in, then a few months later ends up at United. It’s not even a criticism, that’s what happens sometimes, the point is that it looks like that’s probably what’s gone on here.

Yeah, and it’s understandable that some players will just take the highest offer on the table. A footballer’s career is fairly short, and all that. We’re in a position of strength though, so if the chance to win trophies and work with Guardiola, along with a more than generous salary package, isn’t enough to tempt them here then they’re probably not the right player for us. Players motivated purely by money could upset the dressing room harmony.

Yeah, and it’s understandable that some players will just take the highest offer on the table. A footballer’s career is fairly short, and all that. We’re in a position of strength though, so if the chance to win trophies and work with Guardiola, along with a more than generous salary package, isn’t enough to tempt them here then they’re probably not the right player for us. Players motivated purely by money could upset the dressing room harmony.
Spot on Ric we want those who want to play for us not just earn big bucks! They must want to play for Pep the Pep way!

Excerpt from Fred's interview to Globo Esporte (Google translate):

You have a moment of imminent transfer to English football. Have you talked to Brazilians from City?
Yes I talked with the staff in the dressing room of the National Team, they said well, that's for me to go, to play with them (laughs). They are great players and Guardiola is an excellent coach. He was English champion the other day. I'm sure my staff and my family are running after it, seeking the best place for me. The City is a great team, but I still have to wait, I do not know where I'm going. I have to stay focused because they will choose the best place for me, I'm sure.
Talked to who exactly? Can you imagine playing alongside them in England?
'' I talked to Jesus, Ederson ... We played together in the Olympic Team. They were happy for this negotiation. I imagine yes, I have that ambition. The English Championship for me is the best in the world, I want to play this championship, I really want to ''.
https://globoesporte.globo.com/fute...es-da-copa-para-nao-prejudicar-a-cabeca.ghtml

Excerpt from Fred's interview to Globo Esporte (Google translate):

You have a moment of imminent transfer to English football. Have you talked to Brazilians from City?
Yes I talked with the staff in the dressing room of the National Team, they said well, that's for me to go, to play with them (laughs). They are great players and Guardiola is an excellent coach. He was English champion the other day. I'm sure my staff and my family are running after it, seeking the best place for me. The City is a great team, but I still have to wait, I do not know where I'm going. I have to stay focused because they will choose the best place for me, I'm sure.
Talked to who exactly? Can you imagine playing alongside them in England?
'' I talked to Jesus, Ederson ... We played together in the Olympic Team. They were happy for this negotiation. I imagine yes, I have that ambition. The English Championship for me is the best in the world, I want to play this championship, I really want to ''.
https://globoesporte.globo.com/fute...es-da-copa-para-nao-prejudicar-a-cabeca.ghtml

Wants to play in the championship. Must be signing for Leeds then.

In all seriousness though, this is weirdly candid given all the reports of us backing off.

If I'm not wrong, Fernandinho was the best at winning aerial duels this season at City.

Wonder what issues we could have in winning second balls with a 5' 7 Fred. Not sure a short CDM/DLP makes sense unless used with another tall CDM.

Thoughts?

If I'm not wrong, Fernandinho was the best at winning aerial duels this season at City.

Wonder what issues we could have in winning second balls with a 5' 7 Fred. Not sure a short CDM/DLP makes sense unless used with another tall CDM.

Thoughts?
His height is the only reason why I would rather get someone else, if we only are signing one midfielder in the summer. Pep said that Merlin will play less next season, so maybe we could sign Fred and let him play as an attacking midfielder, and potentially LB? For DM I would have someone taller and stronger

Wants to play in the championship. Must be signing for Leeds then.

In all seriousness though, this is weirdly candid given all the reports of us backing off.
it is more important to see where the reports of us being gazump t by utd came from, for me a window of Morata Fred and Ndombele with a few youth coming back and coming in would be a fantastic window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.