Freddie Press Conference

tommyducks

Fred Flintoff has a press conference at 11am, and it's rumoured he's going to retire from Test cricket with immediate effect.

I hope you're right, but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes now. If he does it will be a huge blow for our Ashes hopes.

tommyducks said:
I hope you're right, but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes now. If he does it will be a huge blow for our Ashes hopes.

What Ashes hopes?

To win a match you have to take twenty wickets and even a fit Flintoff can't do that.
With who the selectors are choosing for our bowling attack we have absolutely no fecking chance.

NQT said:
tommyducks said:

What Ashes hopes?

To win a match you have to take twenty wickets and even a fit Flintoff can't do that.
With who the selectors are choosing for our bowling attack we have absolutely no fecking chance.
You forget this is the weakest Aussie team in living memory. When they had Warne, McGrath, Gilchrist, Hayden, Langer and Symonds, they were nigh on unbeatable. This series has come at a bad time for them, and if England hadn't batted suicidally in the first innings, 435 could easily have become 700. I'm not fooling myself that England are a top side, just saying it's a very close call and a great opportunity to reclaim the Ashes from an Aussie team with only one great player.

tommyducks said:
NQT said:
tommyducks said:

What Ashes hopes?

You forget this is the weakest Aussie team in living memory. When they had Warne, McGrath, Gilchrist, Hayden, Langer and Symonds, they were nigh on unbeatable. This series has come at a bad time for them, and if England hadn't batted suicidally in the first innings, 435 could easily have become 700. I'm not fooling myself that England are a top side, just saying it's a very close call and a great opportunity to reclaim the Ashes from an Aussie team with only one great player.

I agree with the summary of the Australians, but it still doesn't take away from the fact that you have to take twenty wickets and we played the last test with bowlers who had very little chance of doing so.
And England batting poorly in both innings, does that not show that we're a weak team?

We have a weak captain, and I think that's the essential difference between the teams. I hope Harmison and Onions can inject some life into the attack though, and that Freddie gets used more sparingly. Now that he's staying on, I still fancy us to edge the series.

oh well freddie, hope he might play for lancs still. think we will win ashes with the right selection

strauss
cook
bopara
kp
collingwood
flintoff (seeing as he will be mainly a batter now)
prior
broad
swann
anderson
harmison

Gutted Freddie is quitting Test cricket but delighted for Lancs cos we might win something now with Freddie back!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.