Free Away Travel

bladdered

Do you think City would ever consider something like this? Nah, I didn't think so either.
http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/art...el-offer-for-201415new-component-1772960.aspx
Complimentary travel for Stoke City supporters for a second consecutive season
STOKE CITY are to offer supporters free coach travel to every Potters Premier League away game for a second consecutive season.
Free coaches will once again leave from the Britannia Stadium for all 19 of the Club's top flight matches, starting with the August Bank Holiday trip to the KC Stadium to face Hull City on Sunday 24th August.
The decision to continue the iniatiative for a second campaign comes after the great success of last season's implementation.
Attendances for away games saw an average increase of over 26% for like for like matches, with a record amount of supporters using the official coaches as their means of travelling to Stoke City away games last term.
Commenting on the offer, Chief Executive Tony Scholes said, "We've decided to offer supporters free coach travel to all Premier League away games for a second season following the success of last year's initiative.
"It forms part of the Club's overall attempts to keep football affordable and goes hand in hand with our decision to once again freeze the prices of season cards.
"The backing that Mark Hughes' side received away from home last season was fantastic and we felt that it was important to continue this heading into 2014/15.
"Following football can be an expensive business so we're sure that fans will be delighted with the decision."
The Potters led the way last summer with the unprecedented decision to offer free coach travel for all away league matches, inspiring a wider Premier League initiative following the increase in income delivered by new television deals.
It also means that with the ticket prices for the Hull City fixture, supporters can travel and watch Stoke City's first Premier League away game of the 2014/15 season from just £16 for adults.

Thats fucking class tbf. I was impressed aith city making a few away games half price last season. But stoke have set the standards ALL teams should try and achieve in terms of keeping football affordable

city should have put a load of free coaches on for charity shield, that would have been a big help for some people with the direct trains being off..

Blue_Ketchup said:
city should have put a load of free coaches on for charity shield, that would have been a big help for some people with the direct trains being off..

Nothing to stop them still doing that, would be a great and well appreciated.

That would be awesome. I used to love getting the coach up to away games but the best one was the all night coach to schalke.

bladdered said:
Do you think City would ever consider something like this? Nah, I didn't think so either.

Free travel to Newcastle in the FA Cup? About 50 coaches went.

Also to Oakwell but that was different.

northstander said:
so why couldn't they travel 40 miles to manchester ?

Price of match tickets.

So Hull are charging stoke £16.
That should be a nice cheap away for us too then...

Shirley said:
Blue_Ketchup said:

Nothing to stop them still doing that, would be a great and well appreciated.

a couple of years ago i think they may have done but i think the people who make these decisions now don't give a toss about the match going fan...

think the last set of free coaches was the game in 08 when they had to play fc strymure (sp) at oakwell in uefa cup..

Every club every year are given £200k to subsidise away fans in any way they choose, so long as the money goes towards saving away fans money. Every team has to spend all of this money; it's a league requirement. Stoke do it by arranging free travel. City do it in other ways, such as by reducing ticket prices for certain games. But at the end of the day, every team is making the exact same commitment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.