FREE TALK - Wed 27 6pm Central Library City's 1st major success

Great talk last night, thanks Gary.

About 30 people in attendance (Pep didn't turn up which was the only disappointment for me, apparently he wanted to check out Chelsea on telly).

I'd love to know more about the 1904 scandal you referred to. Seems to have set us back quite a bit at the time. Maybe that's the subject of the next talk?

Went to this last night, enjoyed it.

One thing i thought of on the way home that i should have asked was; is there any information on the club colours or badge of Hulme Athenaeum?
Yes - blue and white. No badge as such but I have found headed paper with a particular style of writing. I'm doing a book on origins of football in Manchester and will include it all in there. Cheers. Glad you enjoyed it.

About 30 people in attendance (Pep didn't turn up which was the only disappointment for me, apparently he wanted to check out Chelsea on telly).

I'd love to know more about the 1904 scandal you referred to. Seems to have set us back quite a bit at the time. Maybe that's the subject of the next talk?
Lots on it (and much more) in my Manchester The City Years book. The hardback is out of print but you can get a kindle download here: I know I'm biased but it's well worth it if you've not read it.

Lots on it (and much more) in my Manchester The City Years book. The hardback is out of print but you can get a kindle download here: I know I'm biased but it's well worth it if you've not read it.

I have the hardback and you're right it is a great read.

Any more talks planned?

If you thought there's an agenda against us now, it's nothing compared to how much the FA had it in for us back then.

Yes - blue and white. No badge as such but I have found headed paper with a particular style of writing. I'm doing a book on origins of football in Manchester and will include it all in there. Cheers. Glad you enjoyed it.
Nice one Gary, I'll be sure to check that book out, thank you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.