Frenkie de Jong

I’m reading in here from some posters that Barcelona are selling their future income to buy trophies now and that such a practice is perfectly reasonable. There’s no guarantee of that working and it is the kind of speculative hopeful business practice that sees businesses becoming insolvent. How the fuck uefa and La liga allow that, and how they allow wages to be deferred for years, and then let such a shambolic entity buy from other clubs on the drip, putting the income of those clubs at risk is surely exactly what FFP and affordability is supposed to be all about stopping?! And breathe, sorry that was a long sentence

I’m reading in here from some posters that Barcelona are selling their future income to buy trophies now and that such a practice is perfectly reasonable. There’s no guarantee of that working and it is the kind of speculative hopeful business practice that sees businesses becoming insolvent. How the fuck uefa and La liga allow that, and how they allow wages to be deferred for years, and then let such a shambolic entity buy from other clubs on the drip, putting the income of those clubs at risk is surely exactly what FFP and affordability is supposed to be all about stopping?! And breathe, sorry that was a long sentence
I hear your frustration and I am the same but some of the things they have done are permissible and others less so.

Firstly FFP finished this June and was replaced by a new set of rules called Financial Sustainability Regulations. The latter is more lenient on the whole.

Deferred wages and defaulted wages aren’t the same so it isn’t just semantics. Defaulting means you are heading for administration and FIFA would be on you if you carried on spending without paying the players. Barca still have to pay the deferred wages but they have the duration of the player’s contract to do it. Presumably they are doing so.

They are breaking La Liga’s rules which is why they can’t register players and need to sell FDJ urgently. It’s also why they keep selling off the family silver.

They are basically kicking the problem down the line and hoping in the long run it pays off with Laporte looking the hero. The problem is that Barca is run like a Government so those elected think short term rather than long term.

More dodgy is the £150 million they appear to be trying to pay themselves with and now have to pay tax on.

Any player that goes to Barca risks the FDJ treatment and, in my opinion, is crazy to do so. However there appears to be a queue with Bernardo eager to join so Laporte must be one helluva sales guy!

If City were doing this we would be crucified.

As long as Silva's deal (if goes ahead) doesn’t pave the way for Stretfords FDJ deal -irony?

It's amazing to me that any player would want to play for Barca after the way they've treated de Jong. It's really sort of staggering the level of incompetence and arrogance they display.
This weird cultist thirst playing for a club jumping on the coat tails of previous generations of players is so weird to me.. make history, don't play because of history. Fortunately it seems the "prestige" of United had finally gone. Barca and real Madrid still have many cult members.

A lot of clubs have done what they are doing including us under the Swales, Lee and I think Thaksin reigns and it also goes on in numerous other business outside of sport.

We know why FFP was introduced and which clubs were behind it, so that answers that question.

The only issue at Barca is that the players that signed their contract should be paid and be paid in full, what regimes gave them those contracts is irrelevant, the board of a club is the custodians of the club at that time.

A lot of clubs have done what they are doing including us under the Swales, Lee and I think Thaksin reigns and it also goes on in numerous other business outside of sport.

We know why FFP was introduced and which clubs were behind it, so that answers that question.

The only issue at Barca is that the players that signed their contract should be paid and be paid in full, what regimes gave them those contracts is irrelevant, the board of a club is the custodians of the club at that time.
Exactly, we did it under my namesake because we were fucking skint. FFP and what it was replaced by is surely meant to stop clubs doing stuff like bringing forward future revenues, and frankly the fact that Barcelona are akin to Swales’s City shows how fucking bankrupt they are and how corrupt uefa and La liga are for letting them get away with it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.