Friends Star Matthew Perry Dies

BlueHammer85

Sad news, always seemed a possibility with his drink and drugs issues.

RIP.

Matthew Perry, best known for his role on hit US sitcom Friends, has died of an apparent drowning at his home.

The actor was 54 years old.

A 911 call was received by Los Angeles Police, at 4.07pm local time (12.07am UK time).

The incident at the star's Pacific Palisades home in LA was treated as a water rescue.

There was no apparent foul play and no confirmed cause of death. An investigation is ongoing.

Damn. Still watch Friends now and again, just something to stick on and it was well documented he had his demons.

R. I. P to a very funny actor.

Not my words (if only I were so articulate) but what I would have written if I could have done:

Dear Matthew,

The internet is awash with words of love for you today. Your passing has hit us hard, for many reasons.

For me, the absolute irony… that your life’s work is my ‘safe-place’. Guaranteed to switch my mood, lift my soul and make me laugh.

You spoke, through Chandler, to that part in all of us that was just never quite enough, but oh so very much. In your real life, you spoke to that part of us that just can’t find a place in this world. The part of us that demons make a home in.

And we wished you clarity, oh we wished you clarity. And we rooted for your healing, for your resurrection to peace. We wanted your happiness, your wellness, more than you could have known then. I think you will know now.

If only your darkness could have been lifted a little, by binge-watching Friends and remembering that life is all things. If only laughter could have helped you, the way the laughter you brought, has helped so many.

There will be many people very unsettled by your passing today, not just those who don’t understand why, but those who do. Those who sail close to that ‘edge’ you knew so well. It is important that we keep hope alive amongst those of us like that.

Hopelessness is a dangerous place, my friends. We walk with each other to try to make sure no one gets stuck there for too long. It’s all we can do. Hope and reach, hope and reach.

Matthew, I know you have that peace now, at last. The peace that outran you for so long. And I am glad for that, at least. But my sadness is immeasurable today.

Thank you for your time on this earth, you made it a better place for us, if only we could have done that in return.

Sleep well, you are loved.

Xx

#mathewperry

I think an awful lot of people struggle after being involved with something all consuming like “friends”. Life can become one big anticlimax. Many footballers struggle once the intensity of their playing career can’t be replicated. Sad news for Matthew and all his loved ones. Rest in peace.
He was struggling whilst it was happening- a quote from his autobiography says he never watched it, because he’d be able to work out which year it was from his state - alcohol, opiates etc.

A poor troubled man, iirc there was some bad stuff from his childhood

This is a shock. 54 is no age. In 2004 I was in a Holland n Barratt type store on a back street in Bondi,Sydney. I'd nipped in to get a bottle of water with my 2 mates waiting outside. On my way out I bumped into Mathew Perry,literally bumped into him where we both apologised. I was walking out thinking where do I know him from? Then my mates said it's him off Friends. So we waited until he came out of the shop(he was with 2 minders) So he came out and we all agreed it was him 100%. He walked off, and when he was about 30/40 metres away we started shouted Chandler you smack head! Which was childish but seemed funny at the time(he just put his thumbs up). So we buggered off to the beach and about 15 mins later who was walking past us coming face to face with his 2 minders? Yes MP, and he smiled at us all and gave us a cheeky wink. The guy was so chilled out and was signing autographs and talking to strangers and seemed a top fella. We all agreed we'd been knobheads shouting smackhead to him because he seemed such a genuine bloke. Was gutted we didn't have a camera with us tbh. Always liked him since. RIP mi old mate Matthew.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.