Full Backs?

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by balotelli's back pocket, 11 Apr 2016.

1. decmancity

decmancity

Definitely, he will be on about 200 appearances by the time he is 20 at this rate. Looks to have all the makings as a top wing back, potentially even competition for Sane on the LW if we aren't fussed with his defensive work.

2. Cityfan

Cityfan

To be fair there are a lot of left backs in the league currently better than Mendy.

3. Bluster

Bluster

It will be interesting to see how Mendy and sane play together. I think that Delph has provided solidity and given Sane room to play wide. I see Mendy and Sane occupying the same space and am not sure how they'll complement each other. Like you, I suspect that we will play with two forwards and Mendy provides the width.

I liked Mendy with the ball but defensively he made kolarov look like Maldini so playing in a 4 man defence may be a stretch in some games.

4. Thekinkygoat

Thekinkygoat

Bottlespurs are in for Ryan Sessegnon apparently, we should get in ahead of them.

5. Mr HJ

Mr HJ

Writer
    And you base this on what four games - Mendy is twice, no three times the player Kolarov is. Delph has been excellent covering a tricky situation plus perhaps stopping the club spending a substantial fee on a left back - but make no mistake when Ben is fit he will play most games.

6. Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Cheadle_hulmeBlue

its probably not going to happen, but I've watched leicester a bit this season and chill well at left back looks a really good player. very good going forward as well. i think we should be after that kind of player, a young player with lots of potential. either him or the left back from fulham would be good.

7. Jazzman

Jazzman

I think we should focus on getting Lucas Hernandez from Atletico Madrid in January. He is a centerback, but can also play left fullback.

8. BigOscar

BigOscar

If Bertrand were younger then he'd be perfect, but I'd imagine we might be looking closely at Gaya again from Valencia. We've been linked with him for a while but he's starting to look the real deal again now that Valencia have sorted there shit out and hired a proper manager. He was excellent against Barca the other day as well, setting up the goal with the sort of direct, overlapping run and interchange that we rely on

9. gomer27

gomer27

this is the man to go for...him partnered with stones at the back would be heaven

10. Thorin Oakenshield

Thorin Oakenshield

Interesting. In your opinion can Sane play as one of the 2 strikers? I read a while back that in Germany they see him eventually becoming a more central player.