Full Backs?

Been quietly hoping we'd go for Bertrand. Definitely an improvement on what we have and a good age. Like someone else said, a.much more realistic option than Danny Rose who 100% won't be joining us.

We definitely need a centre back but I also believe the ones we have are being severely hampered by our failure to sort out the full backs.

Been quietly hoping we'd go for Bertrand. Definitely an improvement on what we have and a good age. Like someone else said, a.much more realistic option than Danny Rose who 100% won't be joining us.

We definitely need a centre back but I also believe the ones we have are being severely hampered by our failure to sort out the full backs.

Activate that release clause ASAP!

We don't need British players. I wish people would stop spreading that myth.
If Clichy goes I think we need at least one. We are on the 17 non homegrown limit now. If Cabellero, Zaba, Sagna, Navas and Toure go we have 5 spots for next season. Assuming we bring in 2 fullbacks a centre back, a keeper and 2 centre mid, that's 6 in so at least one needs to be home grown. it would be easier IMO to find a homegrown leftback than any of the other positions.

Ever since the Liverpool game, I am starting to have nightmares about signing a short fullback like Grimaldo.

If Clichy goes I think we need at least one. We are on the 17 non homegrown limit now. If Cabellero, Zaba, Sagna, Navas and Toure go we have 5 spots for next season. Assuming we bring in 2 fullbacks a centre back, a keeper and 2 centre mid, that's 6 in so at least one needs to be home grown. it would be easier IMO to find a homegrown leftback than any of the other positions.

We don't HAVE to fill out our quota. The quota will fill itself in in the coming years (Maffeo, Angelino, Deneyar, Gunn, Roberts, Nacho, Garcia,Tosin, Diaz....). In the past the problem has been we don't have enough Brits AND we don't have kids good enough for the first team meaning we had smaller than desired squads. With plenty of U21s now ready for the first team we will have no problem filling out a 25 man squad. So...no need for British players. It was a problem. It no longer is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.