"Funky City"

BringBackSwales said:
bluethrunthru said:
Dunno if anybody listened to Danny Baker this morning but he was interviewing Graham Gouldman ( he's 67 now ffs !! ) and Funky City got an all too seldom airing as most of 10cc were involved in the recording.

Made me get my 7 inch orange RCA label original single out for a play on the old gram !!

I really don't want to hear about you getting your 7 incher out again tbh

Well you are saved BringbackSwales - I only have it on mini disc !!<br /><br />-- Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:26 pm --<br /><br />
peter.evans said:
Cracking interview but grahams memory must be goin coz he said they did the boys in blue for Everton

I know but didn't want to raise that as he is 67 and its probably gone a bit in the old memory banks now

Thanks for that. Made my mind go back to the early days of my childhood when all I thought about was footy, breaktime and lunch times in the school playground,big games with my mates at the local rec, playing for my school as a winger holding my long sleeves like Mike Summerbee with my Tueart tassles and waiting by the letter box on a saturday for the latest copy of Shoot. Great days which I will never forget.

S04 said:
Funny that.. I never knew that 10cc was involved

The song writing credits include Lol Creme, Kevin Godley and Graham Gouldman, but not the 4th band member Eric Stewart.

1961_vintage said:
S04 said:
Funny that.. I never knew that 10cc was involved

The song writing credits include Lol Creme, Kevin Godley and Graham Gouldman, but not the 4th band member Eric Stewart.

At that age I wouldn´t have known the names of the band members really.. Nostalgia really

bluethrunthru said:
Dunno if anybody listened to Danny Baker this morning but he was interviewing Graham Gouldman ( he's 67 now ffs !! ) and Funky City got an all too seldom airing as most of 10cc were involved in the recording.

Made me get my 7 inch orange RCA label original single out for a play on the old gram !!
Have to say here; I'd never heard it before until I played that slideshow video clip. And if I never hear it again, it'll be too soon. That's bloody awful!

jimharri said:
bluethrunthru said:

Have to say here; I'd never heard it before until I played that slideshow video clip. And if I never hear it again, it'll be too soon. That's bloody awful!

I'm sure that's the music used in "Debbie Does Dallas".

S04 said:
So Eric Stewart was a rag I take it.. :-)

In reality I don't think any of them followed football particularly, too busy with girls, guitars and fast cars!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.