Funniest City goal scored of all time?

Selbyblue said:
Graham Baker scooping the ball over the Keeper at Spuds. We didn't win away again for ages after that.

That was a quality goal, beautifully judged chip.

A couple of rag o.g.s still make me chuckle, Jimmy Nichol's 20 yarder at Maine Rd in a 2-2 draw in the 70s and Albiston's late equaliser at the Swamp in '86.

IFeedGoats said:
Goater skimming it of his boot! who was this against anyone remember? Boro?

Charlton.

What about Trevor Sinclair's against Charlton when we won 4-0 a few years back? Dean Kiely has the ball at his feet, completely fucks up and boots the ball against Tricky Trev inside the six-yard box. You know the rest.

Didsbury Dave said:
I remember being at QPR Away and the keeper kciked it out as Paul Walsh was harrying him. It hit Walsh and went straight in.

I think it might have been that 4-3 game but I'm not sure. I seemed to go there loads.

Was about to post the same. It was a 2-1 win, Flitcroft scored a header just before to put us 1 up. I remember their keeper being on the portly side (Tony Roberts?) and getting hammered for the rest of the game. Then Edghill and Dibble got sent off, and we survived the last 10 mins. Think the 4-3 was a couple of weeks later?

dukyblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I remember being at QPR Away and the keeper kciked it out as Paul Walsh was harrying him. It hit Walsh and went straight in.

I think it might have been that 4-3 game but I'm not sure. I seemed to go there loads.

Was about to post the same. It was a 2-1 win, Flitcroft scored a header just before to put us 1 up. I remember their keeper being on the portly side (Tony Roberts?) and getting hammered for the rest of the game. Then Edghill and Dibble got sent off, and we survived the last 10 mins. Think the 4-3 was a couple of weeks later?

It was Brown on his debut not Edghill, he lasted about 8 minutes, and Dibble that were sent off... 9 men we only need 9 men!!!

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
dukyblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:

It was Brown on his debut not Edghill, he lasted about 8 minutes, and Dibble that were sent off... 9 men we only need 9 men!!!

No, Brown's sending off was in Ball's relegation season, we lost 1-0 in that match. The Dibble/Edghill match was the previous season.

Mike Summerbee's winning goal in the second leg of the League Cup semi-final at the swamp in 1970. City given an indirect free-kick and Franny Lee blasted it at the United goal. Stepney could have just let it go as it was indirect but his instinct was to save it and he pushed it straight to Buzzer, who netted.

I can't remember if he scored or not but Steve Redmond's penalty against ??? ( circa 1988)when he fell during his run up and the ball trickled towards the net, I think he scored because the keeper had already dived the wrong way.

GAZZA said:
I can't remember if he scored or not but Steve Redmond's penalty against ??? ( circa 1988)when he fell during his run up and the ball trickled towards the net, I think he scored because the keeper had already dived the wrong way.
That was at West Ham and it did go in.

The Goats at Forest under Keegan when the keeper rolled it out to his defender who had already trotted off so the Goat calmly rounded the keeper and tapped it into an empty net

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.