Fury vs Haye 28th Sep

oman0115 said:
tidyman said:
I'm not getting all this animosity towards Fury. I'm not sure all the pikey comments are that called for either but hey ho.

He's a local kid and he's got a big heart. He's also entertaining. In a sport where people are forever moaning about lack of characters in the game, one comes along and everyone is hating on him for it.

I know some of the thrash talking can be a bit cringeworthy at times. But the lad is about to sell out a 23,000 arena and have his fight on PPV. That aint bad going for a supposed big lump with a glass chin. So he must be doing something right.

He clearly isn't quite shuffling with a full deck but I suspect the position he's got himself in, requires a little bit more nous than he is given credit for.

Well, if he's not really like his character he's portraying who really cares if he's hated? You certainly shouldn't. Like you mention he's about to make a shed load of money mainly because people ( myself included ) think he's a dick. I assume that he is purposefully putting himself out there to rile people up. True he's a character, and is playing the villain. It's all an act watch him hug it out with Haye when he pulls himself off the floor.

I couldn't give a flying fuck what people think of him mate. Aint gonna affect me and my life. I'm just saying I don't understand it.

The thing with boxing is, it is in general a minority sport. And it takes someone or something a bit out of the ordinary to get the attention of the general public. Manchester is sometimes referred to as the fight capital of Britian. But apart from hardcore boxing fans how many bills can people recall since Hatton's defeat last year?

I don't think Fury particularly plays the villian. But he's aware enough to know that boxing talent alone doesn't sell out arenas in this country. I was amazed when Haye and Chisora was announced for a football stadium. Haye has never been the greatest ticket shifter and Chisora couldn't previously sell out a phone box. I underestimated the interest a bit of controversy can generate in the general public and Fury is obviously aware of this.

Davs 19 said:
ManCitizens. said:
allan harper said:
You win, 3rd Ko

On a serious note, they’re both at the top of their profession, i just rate Haye a lot higher.

Haye should never have been allowed to climb through the ropes again after the Chisora fiasco.

That aside, he'll obviously be a big favourite for this one. I just have a sneaking feeling that Luke may just turn the odds on their head......

Tyson was allowed to fight after going to prison for rape and even biting an opponents career.

Mosley allowed to continue after the BALCO scandal.

JCC jr allowed to continue after steroid abuse which was coveres up by marijuana usage.

What Haye did was wring but i could reel off worst instances. Not just boxing either. A well known player at Arsenal was banned by FA for cocaine usage, covered up as injuries as not to damage his reputation. In MMA Overeem is guilty of steroids yet served a ban and came back, in running there's a runner from USA who's name escapes me but he was guilty and yet was allowed to run again. Then our own Dwayne Chambers etc.

All I can say is that people are human and make mistakes and we just have to apologise and move on. Imo drug bans for stuff like steroids is far worse than a bout of fistycuffs. Antonio Margarito being the dodgiest bastard on earth with those padded gloves yet he was allowed to return, now that's unforgivable.<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:57 am --<br /><br />
tidyman said:
oman0115 said:
tidyman said:
I'm not getting all this animosity towards Fury. I'm not sure all the pikey comments are that called for either but hey ho.

He's a local kid and he's got a big heart. He's also entertaining. In a sport where people are forever moaning about lack of characters in the game, one comes along and everyone is hating on him for it.

I know some of the thrash talking can be a bit cringeworthy at times. But the lad is about to sell out a 23,000 arena and have his fight on PPV. That aint bad going for a supposed big lump with a glass chin. So he must be doing something right.

He clearly isn't quite shuffling with a full deck but I suspect the position he's got himself in, requires a little bit more nous than he is given credit for.

Well, if he's not really like his character he's portraying who really cares if he's hated? You certainly shouldn't. Like you mention he's about to make a shed load of money mainly because people ( myself included ) think he's a dick. I assume that he is purposefully putting himself out there to rile people up. True he's a character, and is playing the villain. It's all an act watch him hug it out with Haye when he pulls himself off the floor.

I couldn't give a flying fuck what people think of him mate. Aint gonna affect me and my life. I'm just saying I don't understand it.

The thing with boxing is, it is in general a minority sport. And it takes someone or something a bit out of the ordinary to get the attention of the general public. Manchester is sometimes referred to as the fight capital of Britian. But apart from hardcore boxing fans how many bills can people recall since Hatton's defeat last year?

I don't think Fury particularly plays the villian. But he's aware enough to know that boxing talent alone doesn't sell out arenas in this country. I was amazed when Haye and Chisora was announced for a football stadium. Haye has never been the greatest ticket shifter and Chisora couldn't previously sell out a phone box. I underestimated the interest a bit of controversy can generate in the general public and Fury is obviously aware of this.

It's to do with Joe Gallagher, Anthony Farnell, Lee Beard and Jamie Moore. There's a lot going on now.

Imo there's no better place in this country than London for boxing. York Hall is a special place on the boxing map. Bethnal Green is a working mans part of the country and proudly boasts the most romantic and intimate venue. Jimmy Tibbs does some cracking work down there along with Adam Booth and Tony Simms. Some great fighters coming through that neck of the woods. Billy Joe Saunders v John Ryder will be a great spectacle I've looked forward to for a while.

NipHolmes said:
Davs 19 said:
ManCitizens. said:
On a serious note, they’re both at the top of their profession, i just rate Haye a lot higher.

Haye should never have been allowed to climb through the ropes again after the Chisora fiasco.

That aside, he'll obviously be a big favourite for this one. I just have a sneaking feeling that Luke may just turn the odds on their head......

Tyson was allowed to fight after going to prison for rape and even biting an opponents career.

Mosley allowed to continue after the BALCO scandal.

JCC jr allowed to continue after steroid abuse which was coveres up by marijuana usage.

What Haye did was wring but i could reel off worst instances. Not just boxing either. A well known player at Arsenal was banned by FA for cocaine usage, covered up as injuries as not to damage his reputation. In MMA Overeem is guilty of steroids yet served a ban and came back, in running there's a runner from USA who's name escapes me but he was guilty and yet was allowed to run again. Then our own Dwayne Chambers etc.

All I can say is that people are human and make mistakes and we just have to apologise and move on. Imo drug bans for stuff like steroids is far worse than a bout of fistycuffs. Antonio Margarito being the dodgiest bastard on earth with those padded gloves yet he was allowed to return, now that's unforgivable.

-- Sun Jul 14, 2013

Your opinion Nip but not one I'll ever agree with. Listing a catalogue of others that should have received life bans but didn't is hardly mitigation.

I guess this is another example of where we differ about what's morally and ethically acceptable in life.

allan harper said:
SWP's back said:
allan harper said:
I know Fury personally, he's young, he's living the dream, he's having a laugh and he's earning good coin. If you've ever met him you'll know his a proper good lad. Fair play to him.
Take me out for a pint with him Deanie.

Even I don't go out drinking with him mate! one his best mates was my best mate at school, i got to know him through him, i often bump into them on a Sunday night when they're in town and have a chat. He isn't the problem,as you could gather, it's his hanger-onners that are the real big gob shites.
Fair do's fella.

oman0115 said:
Never Mind The Pollocks said:
pominoz said:
Do not know much about Tyson, so watched his fight vs Chisora on youtube.
He comes across as a great bloke, gave Chisora heaps of respect during the fight and after.
Hope he goes on to do well, Haye may be a bridge too far, but the lad is willing to have a go. Good on him.
As for the "he is a gobby twat", he is a boxer and a Manc, what do you expect?

I agree mate, I don't get the hate at all. I've met him a few times and he's really sound.

I don't like him from a boxing viewpoint. I do respect him for taking tricky fights but his style to me is horrible. His last fight against Cunningham was just like watching a tree lean on a boxer, I don't like his style at all to be fair and don't find it good viewing.

Haye on the other hand is a bit of a gobshite, but is quality to watch when he actually unleashed. I hope he has a go at getting Fury out of there and doesn't fight like he did against Valuev. If Fury leans on him it could be his fight. As for his appearance on Ringside, I'm all for confidence but proclaiming yourself the best ever when you aren't even the best heavyweight in the weakest Heavyweight era sums up in a nutshell how dumb the lad is. Cheering for Hayemaker in this one!
Couldnt agree more. The only problem is Tyson is technically shite, his fitness levels are shite and so is his singing and everyone knows it including haye and booth and for that reason i genuinely fear an upset. Fury needs a fitness expert and i think although im a fat boy i have laid my credentials in the thread about our boys lady lifting in durban ;-) if your reading this ty give us a shout 8 weeks £10,000 no problem. On a slight tangent ive spoke to firy a few times on twitter and he does seem like a really nice bloke and its all a character

big blueballs said:
Apparently Haye has pulled out after being cut.......looks like the fight is Off

Nasty looking cut.

Which ever sparring partner is responsible for that won't be the most popular man at the minute.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.