G P surgeries hiding appointments

Having left your surgery just shy of 18 months ago, I know how slow/poor the service is. It got to the point I just didn't bather and suffered with whatever I had rather than wait forever, see a Dr/phone appt, chase up my results, nit get a call back from the Dr etc etc.

Since moving to the Wyre coast I've only (apart from covid/flu vacs & a general health check when signing up) had to contact my new surgery once. Nearly fell off the chair, phone answered before I swallowed my mouthful of tea & told come into the surgery in 15 mins, I live a 5 min walk away.

Once inside there were two patents and myself, I was seen both by the Dr and a partner for a second opinion and out in 20 mins after feeling like a person and no medical books looked through or boxes ticked to refer me somewhere else. Now that experience & turnaround maybe could have been a fluke, training a new Dr, lucky call which filled a cancelled appointment but was chalk & cheese compared to Royton.
I do think more people should look to changing GP if they’re not happy with the service. Some are far better than others.

Glad you’ve got a good one. We all should have that kind of service.

I do think more people should look to changing GP if they’re not happy with the service. Some are far better than others.

Glad you’ve got a good one. We all should have that kind of service.
Is it easy to do? I was under the impression that they're all full. Or is that just dentists?

It’s the computer system. It’s forever breaking down. I’m sure there is lots of wastage in management, but it’s not all their fault!
Unfortunately a decent fully integrated computer system is likely to identify constraint areas very quickly.
Perhaps there are modern luddites within the NHS who prefer a non working computer system?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.