Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vastly under rated by many, played out of position and done a great job. Will be a first class striker for someone if he leaves.

Also exactly the right fight for us in his attitude, work rate and personality. I for one will be disappointed if he moves.

I’m hoping it’s someone else that goes that might reduce the wage bill a fair bit more and Gabby gets a new contract.

Suspect he would do well if we have EH there too

Vastly under rated by many, played out of position and done a great job. Will be a first class striker for someone if he leaves.

Also exactly the right fight for us in his attitude, work rate and personality. I for one will be disappointed if he moves.

I’m hoping it’s someone else that goes that might reduce the wage bill a fair bit more and Gabby gets a new contract.

Suspect he would do well if we have EH there too
I agree. I think Pep still trusts him highly, likes him a lot and would want him to stay. The Brazilian media today is praising him a lot. If this form continues, he will be an important name for our squad in the World Cup, as Tite likes him despite a recent public comment. Maybe a new contract offer showing him our appreciation will convince him (maybe he’s using Arsenal for that?)

I do think part of his motivation to leave is more playing time. He wants to be part of the brazil squad come the world cup - maybe even a starter and he needs regular playing time to achieve that. He isnt going to get regular playing time at city especially if we sign a CF/haaland and alvarez comes in… I dont know how much we can get for him tho.

He isnt going to get regular playing time at city especially if we sign a CF/haaland and alvarez comes in… I dont know how much we can get for him tho.
I hate to be this guy again, but if anyone think Alvarez arriving next season will have direct correlation with Jesus having less playing time is completely insane. Jesus is a player Pep trusts for the majority of our big games. Alvarez may get there eventually but it certainly won’t be on his first season and maybe not even on his second. The best thing that can happen for Jesus is either Sterling or Mahrez or both leaving. He can only become more valued, not less

I do think part of his motivation to leave is more playing time. He wants to be part of the brazil squad come the world cup - maybe even a starter and he needs regular playing time to achieve that. He isnt going to get regular playing time at city especially if we sign a CF/haaland and alvarez comes in… I dont know how much we can get for him tho.

Could be a thought but if EH comes in and we pivot our playing style, who could be a forward that mops up around EH and covers back that pep trusts

I hate to be this guy again, but if anyone think Alvarez arriving next season will have direct correlation with Jesus having less playing time is completely insane. Jesus is a player Pep trusts for the majority of our big games. Alvarez may get there eventually but it certainly won’t be on his first season and maybe not even on his second. The best thing that can happen for Jesus is either Sterling or Mahrez or both leaving. He can only become more valued, not less

Do you think all these ex players and pundits waxing lyrical about Alvarez are all wrong?

Do you think all these ex players and pundits waxing lyrical about Alvarez are all wrong?
You want to get me in trouble lol Once again, I am not denying he is a good player. But if you are talking about quotes from Zaba and Aguero, then my experience is that regardless of it being precise or not, the Argentinians always talk up their own to the high heavens. Fair play to them. I’d recommend more grounded expectations and patience

You want to get me in trouble lol Once again, I am not denying he is a good player. But if you are talking about quotes from Zaba and Aguero, then my experience is that regardless of it being precise or not, the Argentinians always talk up their own to the high heavens. Fair play to them. I’d recommend more grounded expectations and patience

What’s your opinion then having more knowledge than most on here ? Top prospect? A couple of years to settle ? Straight into the first team? He will take time to settle no doubt (Christ even English players do) but one for the future or one for next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.