Games you went to and wished you had been somewhere else

John Bond’s last game iirc

Yes, you're right, he resigned after that (I think on the Monday morning). Me & 2 mates got tickets in the main stand at the Goldstone and sat behind us were Alex Williams & Andy May. They were as pissed off as we were. It was a shocking performance, so bad that I remember my mate had a copy of the Guardian in his pocket and spent the final 20 minutes of the game reading it instead of watching the match. He was a big, big Blue but that day stretched him to the limit. Sadly he didn't live to see the takeover & these subsequent years of glory. RIP Denys.

Wigan at home March 2007 1-0 loss, Pearce was the manager, enough said. We were worse than shocking.

Southampton at main road, not sure 2002 or something. Hughes was saints manager, game was bad we where shit and got beat, saints fans actually sang lots. Cold and crap, only bonus was id got a free ticket so hadn't wasted money.

Sat there thinking "I wish we had a stadium that was the best in the country, worlds best manager, world class players, stacks of cash and pass / pass / pass / after pass, bang it in the net. Then would you believe it !!!!!

Yes it was - Sergio hat trick if I’m not mistaken. One of the portly ground staff had to keep coming onto the pitch to clear the snow from the white lines - to a chorus of “you fat bastard”
it was a 3pm ko, it took me until 10-30 to get home

If I were to list mine, it would be a 12 volume set. With each volume having more pages than War and Peace.

Southampton at main road, not sure 2002 or something. Hughes was saints manager, game was bad we where shit and got beat, saints fans actually sang lots. Cold and crap, only bonus was id got a free ticket so hadn't wasted money.

Sat there thinking "I wish we had a stadium that was the best in the country, worlds best manager, world class players, stacks of cash and pass / pass / pass / after pass, bang it in the net. Then would you believe it !!!!!
Let me know if it ever happens, will ya?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.