Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not his biggest fan,if I'm honest,but to be fair he stuck at it and improved by a mile last season.
I wish him well.

Marvin said:
Just another way of saying he played a vital role which he did.

And I disagree with the comments above saying he was a poor equivalent to Barry. Barry was past his best when we signed Garcia. Still effective, but at times he was getting exposed

Don't agree with that at all. Barry's use of the ball and reading of the game is light years ahead of Garcia, irrespective of age. Barry also went on to be Everton's best player last year, whereas Garcia wouldn't have got in their side, or any of the other top 6's sides.

Nice fella, but very limited footballer.

Decent enough back up, wasn't going to get many games with arguably Yaya,Dinho,Fernando,Lamps and even maybe Zuculini ahead of him.

Great price, right time to leave, still gets CL football, best of luck Javi.

Shaelumstash said:
Marvin said:

And I disagree with the comments above saying he was a poor equivalent to Barry. Barry was past his best when we signed Garcia. Still effective, but at times he was getting exposed

Don't agree with that at all. Barry's use of the ball and reading of the game is light years ahead of Garcia, irrespective of age. Barry also went on to be Everton's best player last year, whereas Garcia wouldn't have got in their side, or any of the other top 6's sides.

I was a big fan of Barry while he was at City. He had a fantastic range of passing and a great workrate, but he got exposed for pace. And that was getting worse. I know he had a great season for Everton, but there were also a lot of occasions where he very nearly got sent off with late challenges.

Two or three seasons ago, it would have been no contest. Barry every time. Last seasonI think Garcia in the role he was asked to play was the better bet for us. We didn't need someone who could retain possession as we had Silva, Yaya, Nasri etc. What we needed was a defensive midfielder and because of Barry's chronic lack of pace, I think Garcia was better. He isn't quick either. From the very little I have seen of Fernando I think he will be an upgrade, but he does look very much like a destroyer first and foremost

Good luck ,Javi!!! one of the players that improved very much under MP and do whatever he asked him to do...i'm happy for him that he will still play CL football with Zenit...good luck

Goal.com reporting it as a done deal now
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/3875/transfer-zone/2014/08/14/5032365/done-deal-javi-garcia-to-swap-manchester-city-for-zenit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/3875/tra ... -for-zenit</a>

The fee is £12m, which could rise to £12.8 depending on "club success" - I can't believe we got that much for him.

Shaelumstash said:
Marvin said:

No....just no.

Jutt said:
Shaelumstash said:
Marvin said:

No....just no.
You could argue he was. Also Barkley, Lukaku, Howard, Coleman, Baines, Mirallas.

But one thing playing well as a quarterback moving and retaining possession and another thing playing as a defensive midfielder for City

We wouldn't need a deep lying ball player. We needed a defensive midfielder and Barry when he gets caught one on one is left floundering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.