Garden Birds and wild birds thread.

there seems to be more and more garden birds now given the rate my feeders are being depleted - roll on Spring - I love seeing and hearing the new arrivals. I am not a birdwatcher but to just sit in the garden in summer and hear the birds and insects in the sun is - as you get older - one of lifes great pleasures - and its free

I had no idea that crows or corvids in general murmered like the starlings do. I have been watching the spectacle now for a week, as they finally gather for their final roost in the "top field".

Ok maybe not quite a murmer but certainly a roost on mass and thousands upon thousands of them, and I find it facinating how they all know to congregate at a given cordinate and always .. give or take a minute or two at the same time. It's like a scene from out Alfred Hitchcocks the Birds.

How do they even know its time for the gathering as it's pissing down Right Now! with dense cloud cover so they're as sure as heck not get their signals from the sun or moon.

The crow murmerations are a fine sight but not quite as amazing as a starling murmer and one of the best places to see this locally is on Blackpools North Pier.

I had no idea that crows or corvids in general murmered like the starlings do. I have been watching the spectacle now for a week, as they finally gather for their final roost in the "top field".

Ok maybe not quite a murmer but certainly a roost on mass and thousands upon thousands of them, and I find it facinating how they all know to congregate at a given cordinate and always .. give or take a minute or two at the same time. It's like a scene from out Alfred Hitchcocks the Birds.

How do they even know its time for the gathering as it's pissing down Right Now! with dense cloud cover so they're as sure as heck not get their signals from the sun or moon.

The crow murmerations are a fine sight but not quite as amazing as a starling murmer and one of the best places to see this locally is on Blackpools North Pier.

Waxwings do it too
Here’s some recent returns to the Valley, a couple of Snowgeese
IMG_9590.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.