Gareth Barry's return to Villa

AVFC1892 said:
I just think it's pretty funny how you all assume you have better fans because of this. Let's see the reception you give Sturridge, who clearly did leave for a bigger club.

I think your post is pretty reasonable AVFC, but Sturridge really doesn't compare with Barry or Dunne. The latter two players both captained and gave a great many years service to their sides, and it's fair to say that they were both well liked and respected by their respective sets of supporters - perhaps even loved.

However, the case of Sturridge is quite different. You only have to go and look at the thread on him to guage to the general level of feeling towards him: not good. Negative feeling that was felt for a great deal of his time at City. Sturridge has long been regarded as being big headed and as having a bad attitude. In short: more trouble than he's worth. This view has only firmed since the takeover, and the arrival of many (and better) striking options.

Let's all cheer for an average player, who acted like a cock when he arrived, stabbed the club in the back as soon as he left, and in-between tried to get away to Spurs, whined and moaned off the pitch, had as much charisma and leadership qualities on the pitch as a wet sponge, was a bad influence in the dressing room, cocked-up time after time on the pitch, got paid fucking loads, and managed to fool thousands into thinking he was a main man.

Let's not worry if it bothers Lescott or Toure. Let's not worry if it gives an opposing player a boost. Let's just make sure we get our dicks out and wave them to the tune of "I'm a big Blue and real City fan, I'm loyal me, innit".

You shouldn't boo him, but why cheer him? Cos it's actually about you and how people perceive you, that's what this is about, it's not about Dunne at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.