Gas & Electricity

This is what worries me, two teenage boys who play sports 5 times a week and go through uniform and regular clothes like there is no tomorrow, coupled with mine and the wife's own daily clothes and work clothes how the bloody hell are we going to dry that lot through the wet, cold dark months?

Radiators will be on constantly seven days a week and we have no room for a tumble dryer, summer hasn't been too bad, weather has been mostly nice and dried every day on the line but we really are dreading winter.
Sorry to say you wear everything more than once, it really is going back nearly a century at this rate. It might actually be cheaper to go Primark and buy new every few weeks!

This is what worries me, two teenage boys who play sports 5 times a week and go through uniform and regular clothes like there is no tomorrow, coupled with mine and the wife's own daily clothes and work clothes how the bloody hell are we going to dry that lot through the wet, cold dark months?

Radiators will be on constantly seven days a week and we have no room for a tumble dryer, summer hasn't been too bad, weather has been mostly nice and dried every day on the line but we really are dreading winter.

Ask yourselves is it really dirty or can it be worn again?

Sounds awful but we will be doing the same here. Gone are the days where a shirt worn for an hour goes in the wash basket.

I’d try and find room for one as having the heating on 24/7 just won’t be affordable, unless the government step in.

My rudimentary working out of our 28kWk output boiler on 100% output will cost £4.20/hr at 15p/kWh. I’ve no idea how long a boiler would be on maximum output when the heating is constantly on, but if it’s 100% of the time, I’d be looking at £300/month just on gas.

At 50% it’d be £150 per month.

I’d try and find room for one as having the heating on 24/7 just won’t be affordable, unless the government step in.

My rudimentary working out of our 28kWk output boiler on 100% output will cost £4.20/hr at 15p/kWh. I’ve no idea how long a boiler would be on maximum output when the heating is constantly on, but if it’s 100% of the time, I’d be looking at £300/month just on gas.

At 50% it’d be £150 per month.
It’s not on constantly, if you have TRVs then you can regulate how hot each room becomes and then use your thermostat to regulate how hot you want your main part, so we have ours in the living room in winter once it reaches 21 degrees the boiler will stop. Let’s just pray for a mild winter for everyone.
The lad across the road from me owns a bar locally he’s just been told his electric bill has gone from £1500 to £10k a month!

Forget kettles, if people do want to save money over the winter than a new dryer is probably a far better way of saving money.

We bought one in June. Used it twice on really full loads and it cost us 30p (with a £400 outlay for the machine). 70% saving now per load.

It'll cost us 55p per load after October, whilst it’ll be £1.82 for you.

£1.27 saving per load adds up pretty quickly.

Our dishwasher is old, but the cost of a new one and the savings it makes means it isn’t as cost effective to replace that at the moment.
It is an expensive machine to run though at £0.55 per cycle currently, which will jump to about a pound in October.
What dryer have you got , mine is a condenser one a rated

I’ll be drying the stuff in the house in winter , got a new build so stays warm easy

It’s not on constantly, if you have TRVs then you can regulate how hot each room becomes and then use your thermostat to regulate how hot you want your main part, so we have ours in the living room in winter once it reaches 21 degrees the boiler will stop. Let’s just pray for a mild winter for everyone,
I’m going for 18.5 degrees and lowering our output.

The missus might kill me though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.