Gas & Electricity

Hmmm I know someone very senior in National Grid Network Control and I was told not that long ago that it would require a very unique set of circumstances for outages to happen which he said were unlikely, this is also in line with a planning report I saw back in Oct/Nov.

That said I wouldn’t be surprised if there were a few more incentivised power reductions with the cash back for energy saved.

By the way we have just had a record day for wind generation (must be the sprouts) of 21GW !
I work at a gas fired power station, there’s plenty of reserve not operating at present and can come on when required.
The thing that is pissing gas station off is that their production costs are through the roof due to the increased gas prices and it’s forcing wholesale electricity prices up, but the renewables and nuclear stations are still operating at their normal cost but massively inflating prices to match the gas fleet

You know times have to be really bad when McDonald’s no longer give sauces free with the food. God help us all.

I work at a gas fired power station, there’s plenty of reserve not operating at present and can come on when required.
The thing that is pissing gas station off is that their production costs are through the roof due to the increased gas prices and it’s forcing wholesale electricity prices up, but the renewables and nuclear stations are still operating at their normal cost but massively inflating prices to match the gas fleet
The marginal generator sets the price unfortunately, so even if a small amount is generated by gas fired, the price we pay for electricity will be based on this and not take into account the lower costs of generation from other sources.

The marginal generator sets the price unfortunately, so even if a small amount is generated by gas fired, the price we pay for electricity will be based on this and not take into account the lower costs of generation from other sources.
Yeah I’m aware of that and that’s why they’re looking at changing things

Can't seem to find the video,can't remember which ministers said it but went something like this. People have far too much money in the bank due to covid, we need to recover a large amount. What get's me is, who determined that it was going to be recovered by the energy companies.
Wasn’t it Sunak in his role two PM’s ago?

I am with EDF and 3 weeks ago there summary on my account for gas and electricity use for 2023 was predicted at £8 less per annum.I thought Hey ho thats ok we. They then sent me a revised monthly direct debit for 2023 on the 2nd of January with an increase of £71/month. I have contacted them in writing to explain why? Am I losing the plot!!!!

I am with EDF and 3 weeks ago there summary on my account for gas and electricity use for 2023 was predicted at £8 less per annum.I thought Hey ho thats ok we. They then sent me a revised monthly direct debit for 2023 on the 2nd of January with an increase of £71/month. I have contacted them in writing to explain why? Am I losing the plot!!!!
Have you had any gas usage data in the last month or so?

I'm with EDF, and I think they are losing the plot. To be fair, they have put a banner on my account saying that they are aware they are having data issues but the "Hmm, no data" message for gas usage seems to have been a permanent fixture since late November.

I've contacted Shell about our gas usage, as the amount I am being billed isn't matching the amount shown on my smart meter, or the amount shown on the usage graphs within the app! Which was resulting in them charging me ~£80 a month more for gas than what is shown on their graph!

They've come back and said that they've noticed they are still billing us for estimated gas usage, to which I have now gone back and asked why, as they're providing me with actual usage data within the app!!

Been told they're looking into it and will get back to me within 21 days!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.