GCSE Results

4HeatonsBlue said:
Halfpenny said:
4HeatonsBlue said:
GCSE's count for fuck all
Lies. You need them to get into college.

You need 5 to get in

I've got 9 GCSES's, 3 A Levels, BA (Hons) and an MSc

GCSE's really dont matter a jot
Fail. I actually needed that, plus specifically a B to get onto maths, B in science, english language and maths for Chemistry and biology, and A for french.

The_Bowers said:
Halfpenny said:
Glenda MCFC said:
My daughter passed 10 - absolutly chuffed to bits for her xx Next step for her is 2 yrs at college studying Media and then she wants to go to Westminister Uni studying Media. I am so proud of her ...
I'm going to study maths, chemistry, biology and french. I want to do medicine at uni.

Well Done on your results and good luck for next year. Just keep your head down and work, I messed around last year now ive got to work myself silly to get good A levels
Thanks mate, that I will do.

denislawsbackheel said:
I've got 3 kids. One has just finished a degree at Leeds and is going on to do a Masters. The second is just starting his 3rd year at Durham on course for a first. The third has just done her AS levels and got 2 As and 2 Bs.
For as long as I can remember they have had to endure the bile of media naysayers constantly belitting their accomplishments. I, on the other hand, salute them and all youngsters who have done all that was asked of them, worked hard, made sacrifices and achieved good results and wish them all the very best and hope they achieve their ambitions and dreams.

I agree with you to a certain extent, the kids of today can only pass the exams that are put in front of them. And if they do well they should be congratulated. Both my lads have done well in the modern form of exams, and both now have good jobs with prospects. In my day though in the early seventies it was GCE's or O levels, Grade 1 to 6 or 45% pass mark, everyone took the same exam whether thick or brilliant and that was it. I fortunately got 7 and I was working in fulltime employment at the age of 15!! I remember studying calculus at 13, not having a clue, now they don't even come across it till Uni!!

I got

English - A*
English Literature - A*
Science - A
Additional Science - A
Drama - A
Performing Arts - AA Double Award
Maths - B
Statistics - B
ICT - Distinction
Music Technology - A

did well, didn't expect that at all.

Tell The King said:
I got

English - A*
English Literature - A*
Science - A
Additional Science - A
Drama - A
Maths - B
Statistics - B
ICT - Distinction
Music Technology - A

What a show off!!! (even though you are my brother) well done matey!

Tell The King said:
I got

English - A*
English Literature - A*
Science - A
Additional Science - A
Drama - A
Maths - B
Statistics - B
ICT - Distinction
Music Technology - A

Jesus that's good. Is distinction A or A*? I can't remember. The grading for that was retarded. I thought I got a C until they pulled out some grading table which meant C = B. What's wrong with conventional grades?

Halfpenny said:
Tell The King said:
I got

English - A*
English Literature - A*
Science - A
Additional Science - A
Drama - A
Maths - B
Statistics - B
ICT - Distinction
Music Technology - A

Jesus that's good. Is distinction A or A*? I can't remember. The grading for that was retarded. I thought I got a C until they pulled out some grading table which meant C = B. What's wrong with conventional grades?

cheers! it's just different really, because there's; pass,merit and then distinction. you're right though, but it's good, and thats all i need to know!

Tell The King said:
Halfpenny said:
Tell The King said:
I got

English - A*
English Literature - A*
Science - A
Additional Science - A
Drama - A
Maths - B
Statistics - B
ICT - Distinction
Music Technology - A

cheers! it's just different really, because there's; pass,merit and then distinction. you're right though, but it's good, and thats all i need to know!
It was:
A* = Distinction
A = Merit
B = Credit
C = Pass
I think. I got B.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.