General Videogame Thread

It's truly an amazing game but I'll repost what I said about it a couple of weeks ago as the learning Curve is tough if you don't have a basic knowledge of D&D

"If you don't have a basic knowledge of D&D it can get overwhelming due to all the mechanics going on in the background.

I would definitely watch some tutorial videos especially from a youtuber called Italian Spartacus. He's done a ton of beginners guides and they are really easy to follow. He explains it a way which you can understand.

Once you get though the learning curve though its truly is an outstanding game. The choice and freedom to do anything you want to do and tackle any quest how you see fit is amazing. Even Larian have said to see absolutely everything in the game you'll need to do multiple play thoughs. There over 170 hours of cut scenes but you'll only see around 40 hours worth in a normal play though

Easily in my top 5 games of all time already. I've sunk nearly 200 hours into it"

On top of that if you haven't played the previous 2 Baldurs Gate games I would which a recap video of the previous 2 games as this is a direct sequel

It's 100% my game of the year, nothing else comes close BUT there is a huge difficulty curve with this game. My first couple of runs were on PC and I really didn't know what I was doing so I restarted as I was just getting battered in combat all the time. Once you break through though the difficulty though you'll have a brilliant time.

I've also posted a review on the Xbox store front on BG3 as well. My gamertag is cottonopolis

Thank you mate. Really appreciate the time and links you've shared. Going to have a watch now!

Yes, I've done this for friends and it's incredibly easy. Getting the case off is probably the trickiest bit, just made sure you use something that won't mark the case.

There are step by step guides online on how to do this if you want to be sure, but the whole thing shouldn't take more than ten minutes even for the first time.
thanks!

Just ordered this for some extended memory for the PS5 https://amzn.eu/d/jc57hXo

Anyone else done this yet?

200w.gif

Will there be any more major future updates for Cyberpunk? Absolutely loved the Witcher 3 and the DLC but heard this game originally at loads of bugs/glitches but now is in a much better playable state. Should I hold off for a bit?

Tempted to pick up Baldurs Gate 3 on Xbox. Has anyone played it and if so, do they recommend? Looks fantastic but don't really have much experience of these types of games.
Do it mate you won't be disappointed. I was in the same boat as you but when u learn the mechanics it's simply brilliant. I've just finished the 1st Act and I'm 70 hours in :)

Will there be any more major future updates for Cyberpunk? Absolutely loved the Witcher 3 and the DLC but heard this game originally at loads of bugs/glitches but now is in a much better playable state. Should I hold off for a bit?
CDPR have confirmed The Phantom Liberty DLC will be the only one for Cyberpunk. Apart from small updates and bug fixes that's it for Cyberpunk.

The majority of CDPR have started work on The Witcher 4

It's fucking amazing and one of the best games I have played. Had one bug which was loss of sound which a reboot fixed and had one full crash in 110 hours of game time. Completed the DLC and 2 of the endings.

It's fucking amazing and one of the best games I have played. Had one bug which was loss of sound which a reboot fixed and had one full crash in 110 hours of game time. Completed the DLC and 2 of the endings.
Cool might jump in then. Anyone know of a good deal on Xbox Series S which includes DLC? I only really stick to Gamepass only bought Elden Ring digitally which was brilliant

I posted about this two weeks ago venting how I ran into a bug. I started a fresh play though and so far haven’t ran into anything significant (PS5). Had a save problem where I had to reload but that was about it.

I think it’s only those of us who had saves from prior to DLC that had problems. I’d say it’s as good as we’ll get now so you may as well jump in.

How it holds on PC I’ve no idea.

Last edited:
Tempted to pick up Baldurs Gate 3 on Xbox. Has anyone played it and if so, do they recommend? Looks fantastic but don't really have much experience of these types of games.
I would absolutely recommend it. In total agreement with @kippaxwarrior though regarding learning a bit about the mechanics if it's your first time playing that style of game. Also, are you prepared to sink hours and hours into a game? Because this will take over your life.

After over 40 years of gaming I can safely say this is my favourite game of all time. It's not perfect but I love it more than any other game I've played. Admittedly it's right in my sweet spot; I loved the first two in the series and story-rich RPGs are my favourite genre, and I grew up on a diet of RA Salvatore books. Having said that I think you wouldn't regret buying it. The soundtrack is incredible too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.