General Videogame Thread

Biggest problem with reviews to me at least, is that a lot of them are in such a hurry to get there review out there that they don't play the game enough to put a proper review together. Kind of an impossible situation though as if they don't rush them out then the review becomes pointless, not to mention that most games come out buggy as hell and need patching, so do you review the bugs or ignore them assuming they'll be patched?

Tough situation, as someone said earlier, demos were fucking great. I used to have Lovefilm and get games sent to me through that and that was outstanding, I ended up buying so many games I never would have gone near just by being able to give them a go, while avoiding a lot of great sounding games after playing them and realising they weren't for me or were just a big bag of shite

Biggest problem with reviews to me at least, is that a lot of them are in such a hurry to get there review out there that they don't play the game enough to put a proper review together. Kind of an impossible situation though as if they don't rush them out then the review becomes pointless, not to mention that most games come out buggy as hell and need patching, so do you review the bugs or ignore them assuming they'll be patched?
I find that I have a few sources that I consider reliable and well-informed and just stick with those. Eurogamer, for example, make a point of delaying or at least adjusting reviews for RPGs and other 'slow burner' games that require a bit of time to get a feel for. I also think that aggregate websites are useful insofar as they at least give a guide towards some sort of consensus. It's not an exact science of course (Mirror's Edge was a 75% game and I adored it, yet MGS4 was a 95% game and I hated it), but I thin Metacritic and the like are useful when trying to pick out a new game to try.

I tend to ignore IGN (blatantly at the mercy of publisher and advertiser pressure) and the 'official' console reviews like Playstation Magazine (as if they'd give an objective review!).

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.eu...ces-a-more-traditional-single-player-campaign

Will make it miles better for offline players.

Online racing is loads better due to the matching system that has been introduced whereby you match with people with similar driving styles.

As an example. If you like ramming people out of the way the game learns this and only pairs you with other players who drive that way. If you drive carefully then you will only rave careful drivers (in theory).

Thinking I might take the plunge and invest in a 4k tv and the Xbox one X. Only issue I'm worried about is they'll probably bring another new console out within a few years. Is it worth the 800 pounds to upgrade?

Bit off topic but has anyone noticed the price of RAM?
Was looking at building my first gaming pc but my word with the current price of ram I think I'll wait till it plateaus

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.