General Videogame Thread

Got around to god of war and assassins creed origins finally, platinumed GoW and working on Origins. Good stuff, but I'd rank them below horizon zero dawn and witcher 3 overall for my personal experience of them. And news that AC is going back to a yearly release now isn't really welcome to me, from what I've seen on Odyssey it literally is Origins with a different wig on.

Oddly, found myself forsaking the ps4 recently to take advantage of playing championship manager 97/98 and 01/02, both of which are available to download completely free and legally nowadays. Got city top of division one (championship to us all now) with Kinky and Bjorn Heisenstrom in centre midfield as always, after twelve games of cm97/98, but kinky wants to leave now and can't offload Heaney, Russell or Nigel Clough. Ah the days of York away..

Telltale's The Walking Dead is out tomorrow, if you haven't played the 3 before it's definitely worth playing, not your usual game but worth it, you could probably get the other 3 for about a tenner.

Got around to god of war and assassins creed origins finally, platinumed GoW and working on Origins. Good stuff, but I'd rank them below horizon zero dawn and witcher 3 overall for my personal experience of them. And news that AC is going back to a yearly release now isn't really welcome to me, from what I've seen on Odyssey it literally is Origins with a different wig on.

Oddly, found myself forsaking the ps4 recently to take advantage of playing championship manager 97/98 and 01/02, both of which are available to download completely free and legally nowadays. Got city top of division one (championship to us all now) with Kinky and Bjorn Heisenstrom in centre midfield as always, after twelve games of cm97/98, but kinky wants to leave now and can't offload Heaney, Russell or Nigel Clough. Ah the days of York away..
01/02 is probably my favourite game of all time, put so many hours into that. I seem to go back to it at least every couple of years. How different is 97/98 btw? It wwas before I got a computer so I do fear the lack of nostalgia might make me struggle to overlook it's deficiencies a bit

01/02 is probably my favourite game of all time, put so many hours into that. I seem to go back to it at least every couple of years. How different is 97/98 btw? It wwas before I got a computer so I do fear the lack of nostalgia might make me struggle to overlook it's deficiencies a bit
I'd say that and 01/02 are seen as the classic championship managers. It's not dissimilar to 01/02 but minus the training, team tactics and a more primitive interface. The match engine is almost identical bit for players stats there are less (maybe not a bad thing) and the only changeable attributes in game are strength and stamina iirc and they just change with age.

Just trying to remember the classic guys to sign on 01/02 now... Agohowa or something from shaktar was always a good one.

I'd say that and 01/02 are seen as the classic championship managers. It's not dissimilar to 01/02 but minus the training, team tactics and a more primitive interface. The match engine is almost identical bit for players stats there are less (maybe not a bad thing) and the only changeable attributes in game are strength and stamina iirc and they just change with age.

Just trying to remember the classic guys to sign on 01/02 now... Agohowa or something from shaktar was always a good one.
Aye good old Julius Aghahowa, I remember him rocking up at some premier league team years later and being shit. A bit like Emile Mpenza when he signed for us, it turned out he wasn't the all round beast he is on 01/02. Cherno Samba never amounted to much either sadly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.