General Videogame Thread

What other platformers have you played and how do you rate them?
Well, I’m no hardcore gamer, my son put an end to that! But off the top of my head, in the last year or two, I’ve played:

Celeste
Hollow Knight
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Ori and the Blind Forest
Gris
Inside
Limbo

Different types of platformer there, some puzzle-heavy, some adventure, some metroidvanias, but all variations of platformers and to be honest none of them score below a 9 for me. I intentionally cherry picked them based on reviews and all the reviews are bang on. Incredible games.

But if I had to choose, my favourite 3 have been Celeste, Ori and the Will of the Wisps and Hollow Knight. Hollow Knight and Celeste are both really difficult but brilliant games.

Well, I’m no hardcore gamer, my son put an end to that! But off the top of my head, in the last year or two, I’ve played:

Celeste
Hollow Knight
Ori and the Blind Forest
Gris
Inside
Limbo

Different types of platformer there, some puzzle-heavy, some adventure, some metroidvanias, but all variations of platformers and to be honest none of them score below a 9 for me. I intentionally cherry picked them based on reviews and all the reviews are bang on. Incredible games.

But if I had to choose, my favourite 3 have been Celeste, Ori and the Will of the Wisps and Hollow Knight. Hollow Knight and Celeste are both really difficult but brilliant games.
I'm a huge platformer fan, too. In recent years, as my gaming time has dried up a little, I find myself drawn more to these types of games than your usual blockbuster titles. They just have so much replay value and challenge to them, with satisfying gameplay.

You might have played them already, but a lot of people missed the boat on these (I nearly did), so I'll give them a mention just in case: Raymen Origins and Rayman Legends. Superb platform games.

Also, Dust An Elysian Tale and Shadow Complex were excellent.

I'm a huge platformer fan, too. In recent years, as my gaming time has dried up a little, I find myself drawn more to these types of games than your usual blockbuster titles. They just have so much replay value and challenge to them, with satisfying gameplay.

You might have played them already, but a lot of people missed the boat on these (I nearly did), so I'll give them a mention just in case: Raymen Origins and Rayman Legends. Superb platform games.

Also, Dust An Elysian Tale and Shadow Complex were excellent.
Cheers. I’ve never played any of them, but I did have Dust: An Elysian Tale on my Steam wishlist, so next time it’s on sale, I’ll be snapping it up. Added the others to my wishlist too to keep an eye on them.

We had lockdown over here over the summer, so I managed to complete Assassins Creed Black Flag, then Origins and then Odyssey. I would get Valhalla, but I'm a cheap bastard, so I'll wait until they cut the price.

But since then I've really got into Cities Skylines. I managed to find the Mayors Edition which contains almost all of the DLC for less than 20 quid. It's horribly addictive.

We had lockdown over here over the summer, so I managed to complete Assassins Creed Black Flag, then Origins and then Odyssey. I would get Valhalla, but I'm a cheap bastard, so I'll wait until they cut the price.

But since then I've really got into Cities Skylines. I managed to find the Mayors Edition which contains almost all of the DLC for less than 20 quid. It's horribly addictive.
How the hell have you finished odyssey? I've been playing since before last Xmas.. albeit sporadically last 6 months. 60 hours in and Jesus! It's never fucking ending

How the hell have you finished odyssey? I've been playing since before last Xmas.. albeit sporadically last 6 months. 60 hours in and Jesus! It's never fucking ending
Full lockdown and a four day work week. There's probably still the odd quest I haven't finished. Like some of those animal boss battles, which I just find irritating.

Celeste
Hollow Knight
Ori and the Blind Forest
Gris
Inside
Limbo

I absolutely loved Inside and Limbo and am currently playing a bit of Little Nightmares which is in a similar vein. In my opinion, there's a lot to be said about games with an emphasis on style and atmosphere, such as these.

So are the three favourites you mentioned even better than Limbo and Inside? Those two were - pardon the pun - game changers for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.