General Videogame Thread

I've got more than enough hours in ED (2k or so), although less so since the last major update with all the walking around stuff. It's great for passing a few mindless hours, exploring especially. It does get repetetive, and fast, but there are plenty of little stories you can go and take in. Wouldn't touch PVP as the grind to get good enough stuff is just too much for me, although aside from a decidacted section, the MP is on its way out anyway.

I can't particulary comment on SC as not touched it for a while, but I'd say it has more lengevity than ED right now, and is probably more of an experience story wise, I might resinstall it and see what it's like now and get back.
I initially really enjoyed ED but probably more from a nostalgic perspective rather than amazing game play. Eventually I found it really repetitive and struggled to find much of a storyline / direction in it to keep me going. One of those that might improve over time as more content was added like no mans sky is apparently.

I initially really enjoyed ED but probably more from a nostalgic perspective rather than amazing game play. Eventually I found it really repetitive and struggled to find much of a storyline / direction in it to keep me going. One of those that might improve over time as more content was added like no mans sky is apparently.
I was obsessed with ED for a while but, alas, I bought it on PS4 because my PC at the time was crappy, and the console versions are certainly inferior to PC (the latter having so many useful add-ons).

I took a hiatus from the game, aiming to get back into it with Odyssey, but that has been very delayed on console. Besides, given what a technical mess it is on PC, I can't see how it can possibly run on PS4/XBO.

It's a shame, because it can be a great game, but I feel that the developers are ignoring what players want; namely, the ability to walk around your ship and stations, and proper atmospheric planets. Odyssey has given us a FPS element and thin-atmosphere planets, which is nice, but not really what players yearned for. ED stands out when it is immersive - those draw-dropping moments at things you see and here - and it feels it's becoming stale now after 6 years or so.

Epic games are giving a ten quid voucher out to anyone that signs up for their newsletter. Means I could get the highly rated Disco Elysium for £9. Anyone played it?

Also FM 22 beta starts today. Be spending most of the weekend on that plus levelling up in Yakuza Like a Dragon I think.

Epic games are giving a ten quid voucher out to anyone that signs up for their newsletter. Means I could get the highly rated Disco Elysium for £9. Anyone played it?

Also FM 22 beta starts today. Be spending most of the weekend on that plus levelling up in Yakuza Like a Dragon I think.
Yep. It’s a modern classic. Absolute masterpiece. Probably the best writing in a video game in history. It’s a steal at full price never mind £9, just get it!

Newcastle owners already patched into FM22.

£200M transfer budget and your £1.7M under the wage budget

Anyone taken the plunge and upgraded to windows 11 yet? My laptop is asking me if I want to and says it’s already downloaded and just needs installing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.