General Videogame Thread

Anybody got ps5, gaming pc and Xbox x? I can get a ps5 digital I have the others but I just don’t know if I’ll use it.

You'd be better off paying a bit more to get the disc version. Get to pick up games when they are cheap and trade in any you don't want.

Especially with Sony having more of a stranglehold on download codes than xbox.

I use the PC for strategy and management games, and the ps4 for everything else. Did have access to a PS5 for a while, it's a definite upgrade but for me not worth the expense.

As an example, am playing guardians of the galaxy right now on PS4 and it's great, but the hair looks so poor it at times is like a PS3 game. Yet on ps5 it looks amazing, ray tracing and character modules much more engaging. But would I pay £500 for it? Nope.

I didn't bother with Microsoft this generation or last because Sony had the stronger exclusives which appealed to me more, but if I'd known Sony were going to butcher the ps plus scheme then I'd have been much more tempted by an Xbox and PC gamepass route. It's the greatest swindle in modern gaming - they've basically took a whole existing catalogue of games off subscribers, rebranded and trebled the cost, and are now giving those same games back drip by drip each month and pretending it's fantastic.

Is there Sony exclusives you’d play to get use from it?

I need to get back into PC. I’ve missed tons of games recently.
I liked the uncharted series and I still have them in my library only completed the first two, I’ve got a brilliant gaming pc I’ve hardly used because I stopped playing Warcraft, but the new expansion is tempting me.
I didn’t fancy a disc version, I know you can pick up cheaper copies but I just don’t buy that many games. I think I might just return it and get the new WoW expansion, fuck me I can’t decide.

I liked the uncharted series and I still have them in my library only completed the first two, I’ve got a brilliant gaming pc I’ve hardly used because I stopped playing Warcraft, but the new expansion is tempting me.
I didn’t fancy a disc version, I know you can pick up cheaper copies but I just don’t buy that many games. I think I might just return it and get the new WoW expansion, fuck me I can’t decide.

I’ve managed to stay away from WoW for a while but keep seeing trailers for the new expansion and it’s tempting but I can’t get addicted again.

Do you recommend it? I enjoyed the first but saw a lot of people complaining about the second - it's on sale for black friday for £7.49 so very tempted.

It's an absolute masterpiece. The criticism of the game genuinely mainly came from people who couldn't accept that there was diversity in it and strong female characters, despite it being written so subtlety and naturally that you don't even notice if you're a normal person. That and there was a strong story beat early on that pissed them off...but it was necessary and brutally done. Just play it. It's incredible.

It's an absolute masterpiece. The criticism of the game genuinely mainly came from people who couldn't accept that there was diversity in it and strong female characters, despite it being written so subtlety and naturally that you don't even notice if you're a normal person. That and there was a strong story beat early on that pissed them off...but it was necessary and brutally done. Just play it. It's incredible.
My only gripe with the game was that I finished it before the 60fps update.

Both games are incredible and next year we get the hbo tv adaptation:)

My only gripe with the game was that I finished it before the 60fps update.

Both games are incredible and next year we get the hbo tv adaptation:)

Yeah same! Ha....so I replayed it again! Had to - glad I did as well because it was even better the second time around for me and cemented itself as one of my favourite ever games. When you know the story beats and structure it works so flawlessly the second time around.

Dead excited for the show too. The fact that the Chernobyl fella is involved is a very encouraging stamp of approval as that was a brilliant show.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.