General Videogame Thread

Had an hour on it this morning still in the lab! I look everywhere shot a few pirates a few diffident weapons! Am always like this with new games that I know am going to finish it! Be a 12 month game for me this because am not like I used to be playing 6 hours day to late on!

On Starfield, I feel like going for 1000+ planets and fast travel between them is massively inferior to going for say 100+ planets and being able to travel between them yourself. Even more so when 900+ of those planets are pretty dull really. More is not better. I was hoping for the best game I’ve ever played, hype was that high, but in truth it’s a 8/10 very good game. For me, anyway. Not hating on it, I am enjoying playing it. But I just feel a little underwhelmed at the same time.

Yeah thing with me is I want clear everything possible so am still on kreet killing every pirates before leaving! Thing is if you leave the planet then go back are those pirates I killed will they be still killed?!

On Starfield, I feel like going for 1000+ planets and fast travel between them is massively inferior to going for say 100+ planets and being able to travel between them yourself. Even more so when 900+ of those planets are pretty dull really. More is not better. I was hoping for the best game I’ve ever played, hype was that high, but in truth it’s a 8/10 very good game. For me, anyway. Not hating on it, I am enjoying playing it. But I just feel a little underwhelmed at the same time.
Ye I’m the same, No Man’s Sky has that nailed down, surely it wouldn’t have been as hard to implement in this, the fast travel system is useful but to call it a space faring game is a stretch , yes you go into space, you can fight there and then that’s it really, I like NMS whe you can fly into and skim along the planet. Like you say less planets maybe but more interaction.

A little tip to get your upgrades moving along. Pick a shitty gun, find an upgrade you can put on it, do it, then take it off. This will count for 2 upgrades. Do it as many times as you have resources. You can also buy resources in the shop just outside the spaceport if you are missing the odd thing.

I've ignored the jet pack upgrades so far though I have added extra oxygen. I'm just farming resources on the planets, wiping out pirates in the unexplored areas and aiming for base building upgrades. The idea is to get a mining facility going and get loads of cash. Oh yes. Then I'll buy a better ship, upgrade it and then explore.

10 hours of gameplay in and I'm having fun. Instillations are a bit samey, either good people who ask you do go collect something or full of badies. Whatever you do, don't open any door with a living creature behind it. Got hammered by a level 46 critter. One hit. Boom.

It's not No Mans Sky, and I do miss actually taking off, landing etc etc but it feels more together somehow.

Had to take a break from Starfield. Absolute time thief of a game, absolutely loving it. Get the argument about the travelling but as I didn't go into it expecting much on that side of things I'm not disappointed. The faction storylines are absolutely brilliantly written. Completed a tiny fraction of the main story and I'm 22 hours in. Skyrim and Fallout on steroids. Perfect for me.

A little tip to get your upgrades moving along. Pick a shitty gun, find an upgrade you can put on it, do it, then take it off. This will count for 2 upgrades. Do it as many times as you have resources. You can also buy resources in the shop just outside the spaceport if you are missing the odd thing.

I've ignored the jet pack upgrades so far though I have added extra oxygen. I'm just farming resources on the planets, wiping out pirates in the unexplored areas and aiming for base building upgrades. The idea is to get a mining facility going and get loads of cash. Oh yes. Then I'll buy a better ship, upgrade it and then explore.

10 hours of gameplay in and I'm having fun. Instillations are a bit samey, either good people who ask you do go collect something or full of badies. Whatever you do, don't open any door with a living creature behind it. Got hammered by a level 46 critter. One hit. Boom.

It's not No Mans Sky, and I do miss actually taking off, landing etc etc but it feels more together somehow.
I think you and I want very different things from the game, but I am glad we are both generally enjoying it!

I think you and I want very different things from the game, but I am glad we are both generally enjoying it!
In reality I'm just exploring and working out what's what. Done a few gun upgrades, level 2 booster, sold a load of shit.
Have also completed a few side missions. Grav drived out into the wilds, died a few times to space pirates and beat a level 60 giant creature on some far distant planet by hiding up the ship ramp. It was too big to follow.
Found a spaceport that had ships for sale. 350k will get you a doozy!
Will explore close to hand in the morning. Maybe even a story mission from the lodge.

£10 a month is doable

I’m running

Fanatec Csl dd 5nm with Fanatec McLaren gt3 v2
Logitech gt pro pedals
32 inch 4k monitor
Gt omega rig

So not the most basic but also not anything too special

It's a shame you have to pay to host an iRacing server for messing about but I understand why, I'm gonna sub to the basic too so if you want to join some rookie stuff let us know.

Be interested to compare DD settings, I find it much faster with lower feedback but much easier to make mistakes when it's turned down.

Would appreciate some advice on how to work toward becoming more adept at upgrading. Which skills to invest in etc….seems a bit bewildering to me to start.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.