Genesis.

Saw Hackett play Genesis Sheffield city hall few years back...was ok,
But The Musical Box , the canandian tribute band were ,imo,a lot better at Wolverhampton civic hall about 15 years ago. An amazing gig,for me who never saw Gabriel fronted genesis live.
1973 was recreated in front of my eyes.
In not to fond when its a coverband tbh. Hackett has the advantage to have been a member of the great Genesis.
I did see Musical Box and it came close. But than again I was fortunate my 1st Genesis concert early 70-ies included the “ever changing outfits” Gabriel.

Last saw them at the swamp and they were intense.

MDfxUVb.jpg

rt0ENFI.jpg

Last edited:
In not to fond when its a coverband tbh. Hackett has the advantage to have been a member of the great Genesis.
I did see Musical Box and it came close. But than again I was fortunate my 1st Genesis concert early 70-ies included the “ever changing outfits” Gabriel.
I didn't have much choice really . Was never going to see Gabriel Genesis ..so The Musical Box it was .... But a band which Gabriel himself had recommended ,which is sort of a safe bet,imo.

No regrets. One of the best gigs I've ever seen ended in a rousing version of Suppers Ready ,I'll never forget the night.

Last saw them at the swamp and they were intense.

MDfxUVb.jpg

rt0ENFI.jpg
Lol, excited looking bunch. Fella in the shorts in full yawn scenario there.
I was there too and would happily have stood like we did at Roundhay Park and Wembley in 87, then at Knebworth a few years later. I honestly don’t recall that OT gig being that impressive, but each to our own.

I'll try this again. Last time I tried to submit my post the thread had been pulled for some reason.
Saw them years ago in Toronto when they did suppers ready. 15 of us, all on acid.
Pretty sure they had two drummers. Not sure if it was Chester or Tony Thompson that was up there with Phil (R.I.P).

Lol, excited looking bunch. Fella in the shorts in full yawn scenario there.
I was there too and would happily have stood like we did at Roundhay Park and Wembley in 87, then at Knebworth a few years later. I honestly don’t recall that OT gig being that impressive, but each to our own.
They couldnt do no wrong in my eyes. Shit venue but there you go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.