George Floyd murder | Clashes between US police and protestors

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the current President on record for wanting any civilian who opposes fascism classed as a terrorist and wants states to "dominate" protesters and jail them for "long periods of time", can someone please tell me how and why the opposing candidate would even consider being pretty much the same?

Seems logical that the alternative to the current administration is the better chance for change but sure I'm probably just "whitesplaining"

With the current President on record for wanting any civilian who opposes fascism classed as a terrorist and wants states to "dominate" protesters and jail them for "long periods of time", can someone please tell me how and why the opposing candidate would even consider being pretty much the same?

Seems logical that the alternative to the current administration is the better chance for change but sure I'm probably just "whitesplaining"
Because some jackasses think an all out revolution is required to get the significant change they want, so want things to get as shit as possible in order to get the majority on there side. It's pretty much the idiots in Four Lions suggesting they should blow up a mosque

Fucking disgusting these rioters, completely betraying the just cause that so many have rallied to.

It is the right to protest, not ransack Watches of Switzerland and Chanel in NYC Soho. As for Minnesotta and others, they will find that the businesses they have torched and stolen from are from their own struggling neighbourhoods, already crippled by the lockdown.

Those places won't be back anytime soon, certainly not before those in Manhattan.

Fucking disgusting these rioters, completely betraying the just cause that so many have rallied to.

It is the right to protest, not ransack Watches of Switzerland and Chanel in NYC Soho. As for Minnesotta and others, they will find that the businesses they have torched and stolen from are from their own struggling neighbourhoods, already crippled by the lockdown.

Those places won't be back anytime soon, certainly not before those in Manhattan.
The thing is, one doesn’t expect better from rioters. We do expect better from those paid to protect and serve.

If you’ve actually spent any time in this thread to watch some of the videos of the casual brutality meted out to unarmed, non-violent protesters and you still think the hot take from the last four days is the behaviour of some rioters, then I’ve lost a great deal of respect for you I’m afraid Tolm and I like you a great deal. And I’m hardly a yogurt knitter. The system is broken. America is broken.

The thing is. One doesn’t expect better from rioters. We do expect better from those paid to protect and serve.

If you’ve actually spent any time in this thread to watch some of the videos of the casual brutality meted out to unarmed, non-violent protesters and you still think the hot take from the last four days is the behaviour of some rioters, then I’ve lost a great deal of respect for you I’m afraid Tolm and I like you a great deal. And I’m hardly a yogurt knitter. The system is broken. America is broken.

I've seen plenty of videos mate, including police officers even taking a knee with protesters.

With each passing day that someone burns a police car or smashes up a local business, the message is lost.

Half the shops smashed up in those neighbourhoods are owned by African Americans, that is where plenty are corrupting the protest message.

In what crazy argument do people deface the Lincoln Memorial, surely anybody with a modicum of intelligence would know the historical relevance of his presidency?

I always try to see both sides of an argument, or we never learn anything.

Complete agreement that the system is broken and America is divided along racial lines.

However, it becomes even more divided when those rioters decide to piggyback on a justified protest, simply because it is an opportunity to cause mayhem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.