George Floyd murder | Clashes between US police and protestors

Status
Not open for further replies.
i honestly thought the protests in London yesterday passed without any incidents.

Unfortunately a minority ruined it.

Candice Owens (think thats how i spell her first name)

She's done a 18 minute video which raises a number of issues (many i didn't know) over this whole mess whether its information on the history of the deceased, the police or the american public's reaction.

One question that I am sure people have suggested.

IF we are allowing people to turn up to protests on masses, surely the government will have to end the lock down restrictions? As I suspect plenty more won't listen to governments instructions now?

What a silly little comment.

Can you find the words to explain how following rules helps resolve the issue of systemic racism across the United States, police brutality or any other civil rights issue?

Action solves problems, not obedience.

Peaceful protests have led to all 4 officers being charged and universal condemnation.

Social distancing saves lives.

It's not a difficult step to facilitate both and show respect and solidarity to the rest of society.

If you disagree, you're condoning breaching the above and therefore valuing your own causes and valuing certain lives over others, which defeats the whole messaging and purpose and creates a backlash.

The slope may have breaching social distancing guidelines at the top and right down at the bottom "literal murder" (as opposed to figurative) but it's a slope nonetheless and the rules are there to stop both and that's what people react too.

i honestly thought the protests in London yesterday passed without any incidents.

Unfortunately a minority ruined it.

Candice Owens (think thats how i spell her first name)

She's done a 18 minute video which raises a number of issues (many i didn't know) over this whole mess whether its information on the history of the deceased, the police or the american public's reaction.

One question that I am sure people have suggested.

IF we are allowing people to turn up to protests on masses, surely the government will have to end the lock down restrictions? As I suspect plenty more won't listen to governments instructions now?

I mean if it's alright for mass protests, it's surely ok for Dominic Cummings to go to Durham?

Fake bank notes or he has just murdered someone, it matters not a jot. The police act professionally and proportionately and arrest him and the justice system deals with him.

Summary roadside executions which this was are not and never will be acceptable.

"Serve and protect"

That's a great post. I just can't wrap my head around why those cops didn't just make an arrest and instead carried out this disgusting act for so long even when they knew they were being filmed!! So much pain and tension could have been avoided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.