Gerrard In A Sweeper Role For England?..... Thoughts?

sam-caddick

Does anybody think Gerrard should or could play in a sweeper role?

With the players from selection at the moment, I want to see something like this!

------------------Hart------------------
-----------------Gerrard----------------
Richards--Cahill-------Lescott--Baines
------------Barry--Rooney-----------
Walcott--------------------Chamberlain
-----------------Defoe-----------------

Now here me out here.

On attack Gerrard will come out and place himself in front of the back four but on defense he will play as sweeper picking up loose balls and thread then through out wide or into central midfield.

Have the full backs in attacking positions to add width and creativity as with the 3 at the back it will allow then to do so.

Everyone says Rooney will eventually become a central midfielder like Scholes eventually did and it is about time now to do it for England, him and Barry I beleive will be a great partnership, plus he tracks back and wil get stuck in, and is probably the best passer England have when he is on form.

Chamberlain and Walcott on the wings with Defoe up front.

For me this would allow England to have more space for creativity, more width and pace, a sturdy but creative central midfield and a solid defense with two strong center backs and a sweeper collecting loose balls and putting them into the midfield or put wide, I believe Gerrard could do a fantastic job in this role.

The real question is, does he track back?

But seriously, I doubt it, otherwise I think it'd already have been tested. Rooney is a bit over rated in midfield for me as well, he played okay against a few average teams and is suddenly gonna become a midfield maestro. He should get back to playing alright in his proper striking role than moving back.

Gerrard is garbage for England in fact England are garbage and added to that I really couldn't care who they pick because I do not watch that drivel.

It must be my Birthday.

Two threads on Stevie Overrated in one day giving me two opportunities to slag him off.

He isn't mobile enough and his passing isn't accurate enough to play as a Sweeper. Also if he is that far back in the play how is he going to Referee the game when he will be so far away from the man in Black?

kiam06 said:
Gerrard is garbage for England in fact England are garbage and added to that I really couldn't care who they pick because I do not watch that drivel.

Our best player at the Euros

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.