Get used to losing in big finals

adrianr

Because we'll be in a lot of them and you can't win them all ;)

Next year! We're coming back next year! We're coming back next year!

adrianr said:

its not about losing - still remember Hamburg there was little slating of the players or manager we supported the team they had a go good football and shit happens

Yesterday was a million miles away from that

adrianr said:

Agreed, but its the manner of a defeat.

Yesterday was appalling. No effort from start to finish.

Dropping Pants was wrong. Subbing Tevez for anyone was wrong. Not starting Milner was wrong. Not learning from the league game v Wigan the other week was wrong.

I'm not of the Mancini out brigade but there have been so many lethargic performances this season that he really only has himself to blame if he gets yarded.

akcity said:
adrianr said:

Agreed, but its the manner of a defeat.

Yesterday was appalling. No effort from start to finish.

Dropping Pants was wrong. Subbing Tevez for anyone was wrong. Not starting Milner was wrong. Not learning from the league game v Wigan the other week was wrong.

I'm not of the Mancini out brigade but there have been so many lethargic performances this season that he really only has himself to blame if he gets yarded.

Agree entirely with this. Did we get a reason for not playing Pantz? All I heard was that Mancini changed it because he wanted to change it! But the biggest indictment of MCFC yesterday was the lack of a noticeable change in approach from the league match. If Mancini was hoping for his strikers hitting some kind of form and bagging one then insufficient thought seems to have been applied to the occasion. It seems to me that the policy was that 'quality will out'! Not when yer playing a mobile, pacey oppositon who are determined to redress the injustice of the league encounter three weeks back!

Yes you are right you cant win them all, i think it was just the way we lost yesterday and all this Mancini leaving/being sacked business surfacing that has pissed off a few people.

Last season we were ectastic, this season not so, next season who knows , up to us Management,players and fans to knuckle down and get that feeling back, and make sure Moyes has a miserable first season.

The cup final is history now , well done Wigan, lets have a good final 2 games and crack on for the 2013/14 season.

deafmanstevo said:
Yes you are right you cant win them all, i think it was just the way we lost yesterday and all this Mancini leaving/being sacked business surfacing that has pissed off a few people.

Last season we were ectastic, this season not so, next season who knows , up to us Management,players and fans to knuckle down and get that feeling back, and make sure Moyes has a miserable first season.

The cup final is history now , well done Wigan, lets have a good final 2 games and crack on for the 2013/14 season.

Yea,without Mancini

Sorry the tittle of this thread is up there with last weeks parade and charity shield threads .we think we are better than we are .top to bottom head wobble required !!

It's not easy to get to Wembley, and there's an awful lot of fans just assuming we will continue to be successful if we make such a huge gamble and change manager.

I also disagree that we didn't try. I didn't see that at all. We really struggled to break them down, but that's not the same issue. We were in no danger of losing the match until Zab got sent off

Oi you twats, this is supposed to be the fun thread. The humdrum threads are everywhere else on Bluemoon :D

We will continue to be successful Marvin, worry not about that mate. With our financial backing we WILL be in more cup finals, I would put my life on it. We will win them too. We just won't win them all. Bayern lost last years CL final and they're the best team in Europe this season straight back in the same final, which they could very well win.

Honestly, long term, it's all good :)

Marvin said:
It's not easy to get to Wembley, and there's an awful lot of fans just assuming we will continue to be successful if we make such a huge gamble and change manager.

I also disagree that we didn't try. I didn't see that at all. We really struggled to break them down, but that's not the same issue. We were in no danger of losing the match until Zab got sent off

Am sorry but when you face Watford (h),Leeds (h),Barnsley (h) on route to final,without sounding ARROGANT it's an easy way to get to Wembley if you ask me,no point in trying to be philosophical here Marv

Granted Stoke away was a test,because of how we usually do there,but as for the rest......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.