Gig Economy/Side hussle Tax crackdown

Apparently £36m budget and 24 full time staff recruited as part of it. Also though estimated 4M people in the bracket they are looking at. So would be 165k people for each member of staff to investigate. So unless the tech is too notch I’d agree it would be difficult for them to police
Laughable.
Some might suggest it's scare tactics, targeted at the uneducated folks in these matters. God forbid...

Don’t worry the bankers will still get their unlimited bonuses!! The cap will be lifted next week.
I’m certain the NHS workers and every other ordinary working class person will also get uncapped bonuses!! Oops they don’t even get a bonus do they. :-(
They probably won’t even get a pay rise. But the rich will get richer and the poor poorer!

Apologies, rant over. Feeling the pinch tonight. :-)
Sorry you’re feeling the pinch but I do find it odd how often people bemoan bankers bonuses whilst watching some of the highest paid athletes in Europe each week.

As if hmrc has the staff to investigate Sharon selling a top on vinted.
They couldn't even be arsed to contact me when I let my Ltd company fold during covid.
It’s not one top us it. It’s an income of more than £1,000 so that’s quite a few tops.

They’re not after some **** losing weight and selling their old wardrobe on eBay, they’re looking at people who should be paying tax on a second income.

Woman at work has just been done for undervaluing the rent she charges to a friend who claims housing benefit.

Literally saved the government hundreds of pounds per month in housing benefit they didn't have to pay (she could have charged the tennant more, who would have claimed more benefits for it)... But instead, she "hasn't paid enough tax" compared to what she would have paid if she'd charged correct market value.

They've gone back years for it, and one of the years they have said she owed them less than £50. It would have literally costs them more to investigate and find out that she owed them that.

Yet they were probably giving each other high fives in the office cos they'd "won" and, like you say, beat the little (wo)man
I've experienced this, albeit second hand.
A mate of mine, who had his own business, was targeted by the hmrc. He was hounded and accused of tax evasion.
He's the most honest fella I've ever met.
They demanded his books going back years, he had to pay accountants fees, etc, amounting to several thousands, while they dealt with it.
He got quite ill with the stress.
The guy was only turning over 100 k a year or so.
They found fuck all wrong, but he was left with fees of 10 k
If they get your teeth into you the small guy is fucked.
Yet they leave the real evaders alone.
Cunts

I've experienced this, albeit second hand.
A mate of mine, who had his own business, was targeted by the hmrc. He was hounded and accused of tax evasion.
He's the most honest fella I've ever met.
They demanded his books going back years, he had to pay accountants fees, etc, amounting to several thousands, while they dealt with it.
He got quite ill with the stress.
The guy was only turning over 100 k a year or so.
They found fuck all wrong, but he was left with fees of 10 k
If they get your teeth into you the small guy is fucked.
Yet they leave the real evaders alone.
Cunts
Hang on, what.

If he employed accountants on his own behalf then who was expected to pay for them other than him?

If he’s turning over £100k per year then surely it makes sense to spend 1% of that per year on an accountant to do your books once a year no?

It’s not one top us it. It’s an income of more than £1,000 so that’s quite a few tops.

They’re not after some **** losing weight and selling their old wardrobe on eBay, they’re looking at people who should be paying tax on a second income.
Again, oh dear.
More than a grand?
Lol

So why are you poking in then.
Because it seemed a pointless post by Eccles (who I love to bits). Bankers bonuses aren’t a reason why anyone is feeling the pinch and bemoaning them whilst feeling the pinch but spending a great deal of money on watching some of the highest paid athletes on the planet seems rather odd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.