Gigs Thread

The Ocean Rain gig with Orchestra was one of my favourite gigs of last year. I’m at the Saturday after the game next week.
Should be a good night, musically I thought they were sound. His voice was a tad ropey at times bit it didn't deter from a good evening. They do 2 sets with a small interval - was reading about their Bristol gig and a journalist inferred they walked offstage after 30 minutes - they do but it's scheduled

Should be a good night, musically I thought they were sound. His voice was a tad ropey at times bit it didn't deter from a good evening. They do 2 sets with a small interval - was reading about their Bristol gig and a journalist inferred they walked offstage after 30 minutes - they do but it's scheduled
Going to Birmingham tonight with the kids and missus. At the Academy. Cannot wait. Then off to the balti triangle after the gig.

went to CMAT (w/ John Grant) and The Gossip (w/ Alison Moyet) on Friday night for the 6 Music thing. Was a good gig, my wife is into the bands and i went along, but both vocalists were very strong, and The Gossip still a great live act. Good gig.

It was ok tonight and he got better as the gig went on. Couldn’t understand anything he said though. Ocean Rain a strange choice as the last song. The cutter and Killing moon were excellent though.

The venue is dross though. Tonight reminded me why I hate it so much. Bars on both sides of the venue just means endless people walking/barging past you all night and with it being a Saturday so many people were bladdered before they got there.

It was ok tonight and he got better as the gig went on. Couldn’t understand anything he said though. Ocean Rain a strange choice as the last song. The cutter and Killing moon were excellent though.

The venue is dross though. Tonight reminded me why I hate it so much. Bars on both sides of the venue just means endless people walking/barging past you all night and with it being a Saturday so many people were bladdered before they got there.
I went on Wednesday. I thought overall it was excellent. My gripe as it was a song to learn and sing tour the 3ntire lp should be played back to back. Then after the break all other songs.

Saw Echo and the Bunnymen in Norwich a couple of weekends ago. First night of their tour, a good gig but Mac looked physically shot to bits as if the hard living has suddenly really caught up with him. I think they will be lucky to complete the tour without any "mishaps". I follow Will Sergeant on twitter, seems he is doing his own thing and not travelling on the tour bus - that's never a good sign.

Coming up I've got:
Air play Moon Safari at London Coliseum
Mew at the Barbican
Michael Head & the Red Elastic Band at Earth London
Slowdive at Den Atelier Luxembourg
a DEVO tribute band in Cromer
Real Estate in Hackney

I couldn't understand a word he said either ( mentioned Birkenhead and Are you dancing at some stage !!) and I'm a scouser !!
I heard Bill Ryder Jones did an amazing gig last night in Manchester

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.