"Give Eastlands It's Kippax" Update - Meeting Planned

they aint gonna move the away fans towards the west stand cos of the set up surrounding the coach park and segregation the police would put the mockers on it.the best your gonna get is move them round some more to the east std,giving us nearly all the south stand,if you dont like seeing the away fans on the box,ask gc to swap the cameras about!!

yorks blue said:
there was never an atomsphere in kippax at maine road it was the north stand

think the referal is to the kippax pre-seats yorks. but you are correct, it should be give eastlands its 'north' stand, erm, even though we have already have one.

in fact we should rename the north stand the south stand and the south stand the north stand. if people ask why in future we would always have a link to maine road.

pasta, stick that in your brochure...

topbanana said:
Why not educate the whole of the stadium to find their voices, therefore it would not matter where the away fans are placed.... The atmosphere generated would be awesome.!!!!!!! And lets hope all the new seasoncard holders don`t become a "prawn sandwich" brigade,like over at the swamp.

Are there some Bluetint spec's being worn?

Last couple of years it wasnt even half the Kippax (god rest her soul) singing near constantly, it was the half North Stand and Kippax corner singing and taking the piss out of the away fans. At Maine Road me and my Dad sat up from the corner flag where the North Stand joined the Main Stand. My Dad's back is fucked and all the standing and sitting does him but equally we both like to have a sing song which is why we got the seats we did, our el fella layed on the big words of whats wrong with his back and we got a top view near enough to the singing to enjoy ourselves at the match.

Skip forward to now, we are in 118, same viewpoint but looking right instead. Like our viewpoint the singing sections have swapped to where the away fans now cower. City hasnt changed a bit, when there's a buzz about its loud. The Wolves game was a great atmosphere until we nearly did our usual, to be fair to us though we'd have probably lost that last year, plus some lunatic decided to put a grand on us and tell everyone on here about it I was shitting bricks for him! Hamburg was awesome, the el fella nearly crippled himself jumping up and down and he loved every minute of it. I had to put up with all the glory day shit again while reminding him Ive seen us win nothing.

No one needs to move, nothings really changed. Ive talked a lot about my Dad because of comments like Topbanana, its not just him and Im not having a go mate, just pointing out that there are reasons people arent always jumping around and singing for 90 minutes other than they are just knackered from the usual shit in life that grinds you down. We get good atmosphere's at games, there will never be as much noise at us against hull as say.... us against chelsea.

Annnnnnyway, the whole point being. Its not always going to be a blow the roof off atmosphere, the atmosphere this season will be a lot better because everyone is up for the project, no one needs to move or start swapping seats, dont start slagging each other off, the flask brigade, the blanket round the legs brigade, we are all Blue. Helen didnt sing anything but she was a City Icon.

We dont need to move anyone around and the above is why I disagree.

Apologies, I got on a stoned rant!

Having the entire south stand would mean that we would get 3000 cheaper tickets for our fans.

I am not too bothered where the away fans are but if this is to go ahead the police would most likely stick them where the singing section is + parts of 2nd tier simply because of the proximity of away coaches area. This might piss off some who have good seats in the east stand currently and would have to move to accomodate this.

Alternatively we should just pack them off to the 3rd tier of the east stand (screen side) but that would mean reduced banter and there is plenty of people who would be pissed off with that.

So whatever happens, not everyone is going to end up happy.

fluffy_blue said:
Having the entire south stand would mean that we would get 3000 cheaper tickets for our fans.

I am not too bothered where the away fans are but if this is to go ahead the police would most likely stick them where the singing section is + parts of 2nd tier simply because of the proximity of away coaches area. This might piss off some who have good seats in the east stand currently and would have to move to accomodate this.

Alternatively we should just pack them off to the 3rd tier of the east stand (screen side) but that would mean reduced banter and there is plenty of people who would be pissed off with that.

So whatever happens, not everyone is going to end up happy.

City have the entire North Stand which is the same price as the south.

They won't put away fans about home fans for security reasons.

Wouldn't it mean moving some season ticket holders about? I'm all for Eastlands Kippax because i remeber going to the Kippax with my dad with a kid and nothing will ever beat the feeling! But my season ticket's SOUTH STAND LEVEL ONE, Entrance P, Aisle 121. I've been there for five years now and don't really want to move and I think a lot of fans would feel the same way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.