Goal.com

Latics Fan SJK

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking this website constantly spews bollocks day after day and whatever it says is not to be believed?

I'm arguing with that Sam Lyon on Twitter at the moment about how all Goal.com info is, in the main, either bullshit, or stuff sourced from football message boards and passed off as their own.

Obviously he's denying it but I've asked him to come up with examples of stories they've broken BEFORE anyone else.

Now, reason for me posting this is, I'm sure a year or two ago, there was some outrageous rumours on there like 'Messi to Liverpool' or something but I can't find out, are there any people on here who can think of examples of pure shite they've come up with to fire back at him?

The sites sole purpose is to generate revenue from advertising.
this is only achieved with the traffic volumes they attract from putting up bullshit stories that a percentage of click throughs from sites like Newsnow will believe (or want to believe)

Goal.com is a fucking joke. I have it hidden on Newsnow so I don't even have to read their bullshit headlines anymore.

He's just responded by saying...

"Here you go pal, there's loads" and given me a link.

First story - Sahin moves closer to Arsenal move.

I replied that this story had been published by 3 different newspapers last week before this one.

A couple of months back I spent three days crafting an article I was really proud of and published it on my website the Daisy Cutter.

It got 800 readers.

When I saw the figures I was so pissed off that I typed 'Chelsea transfer rumours' into Google and saw they were being linked to Falcao.

I spent half an hour writing out a piece saying nothing new whatsoever and merly linking player and club.

It got 25,000 readers within the first couple of hours.

That's why they do it. Most people read these stories in their lunchbreak at work. they dont have the time or inclination to spend a lot of time reading a well thought-out and erudite piece of football writing.
They want a really good player linked to their club so they can either believe it or dismiss as bullshit.

Transfer rumours is just the male equivalent of trashy gossip in Heat about Jordan. Quick, disposable and fun.

For every 5 rumours they make up, 1 will come true, and they will get a pat on the back.

Reminds me of people who say they're ITK. Constantly tell lies and bullshit, then lap it up when they get one right, but deny or justify it when it's wrong.

and with that you have summed up the reason tribalfootball continues to exist to this date.

They are the only website that can have two links, one below the other that say

Arsenal march ahead in the race to sign Cazorla
Wenger rules out any interest in Cazorla

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.