Goals on Sunday - Tony Adams

bigf42

Did anyone see this yesterday....

I thought Adams was very interesting in his discussions about holding a high line in defense and not conceding the box. He was very critical of defenses standing off. He also said it was extremely difficult to do, and required a lot of energy and concentration, but was the most effective method, as it compressed the game and allowed mid field to press more easily.

Thought it was worthy of note given our attempts to play with a high line this season.

Also the coverage of he city game was the best of the highlights shows, giving proper credit to Aguero and Silva.

Yeh I have to admit I thought he came across very well. I'd assumed he was just going to be another monosylabic fuckwit from that era unable to pronounce people's names properly a la Merson or Parlour but he was very good.

Got to agree with him. Knows his stuff (when he is sober). It is a very English trait to back off, and off, and off, and off and allow the opponent to make a lot of ground. Diving in is just as dangerous, but a high line that forces the opposition into wasteful long balls works well, just needs to ensure the defenders know what space to cover and who is doing what. All the top sides play this high line to compact the pitch and it does work.

First football match I ever went to, I couldn't believe just how good Tony Adams was, always anticipated the next pass and moved to stop it or to catch the striker offside before the striker knew he was receiving the ball, and the way he would literally grab his teammates by the shirt and push them into position and shift them across the back 4 was amazing and it never came across on TV. Absolute legend and said some very interesting things ,I remember when Wenger first came to arsenal we played 3-5-2 and looked good, but he never ever played it again and I always wondered why, Turns out it was Adams who went to him and said don't touch the defence for now, we are comfortable with this system. I wonder how many players still give current managers such advise. Also what he said about Ramsey when he was still playing at Cardiff and Wenger told Adams that Ramseys stats in distances covered and powers of recovery are unbelievable and he'd never seen anyone like that before so he had to sign him.

Adams came across very well, he seems fairly knowledgeable and comes across well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.