Goals you still Remember

manclad said:
Kippaxian said:
Niclas Jensen volley from outside the box - v Leeds 1993[/quote)
Think you mean 2003 in our last season at Maine Road.

It was indeed -I was half way up AA Lower so my line of sight was directly behind him when he hit it first time from Anelkas cross

I still remember Kit Symons scoring the equaliser against Liverpool on the last day of the season in 96 and the jubilation of thinking we were going to stay up before the realisation that we had been relegated. I was only a kid at the time and I think that was the moment I first understood the meaning of Typical City.

Musampa’s volley from the edge of the box from a Lee Croft cross in the last minute against Liverpool at home, circa 2006?

Wanchope’s goal against Newcastle in 2004 that kept us up, I’m sure Newcastle were on a decent run, looking to challenge for Europe, whilst we were in danger of going down.

Slightly different but Sun Jihai’s own goal against Middlesbrough at home, the only time I’ve seen a team win a game without having a shot on target.

Do I also remember Barry converting a deep Boateng cross in a pre-season friendly against Valencia? I may have made that up.

Sylvinho’s rocket away at Scunthorpe in the FA Cup.

Richards’ powerful low drive in the 82nd minute away at a freezing cold Stoke (now a level of temperature in our house; “it’s cold, but it’s not Stoke cold”), it resulted in my first Poznan. Etherington equalised in injury time and ruined the fun.

All three of Robinho’s goals against Stoke at home, he linked up brilliantly with Ireland and Sturridge that game and I thought we were really onto something.

lancs blue said:
Some random goals that I've not seen since but stuck in the memory:

1. Tony Coleman's strike from out near the touchline against Everton, last home game of the 67/68 title winning season. He'd just taken a corner and the ball came back to him about level with the edge of the area and a few yards in from the right touchline, he just set it up and hammered it goalwards,the keeper got both hands to it but the force of the shot took the ball past his hands and into the net.

2. Frannie Lee running onto a through ball from Colin Bell and powering it into the roof of the net against Wolves at Maine Rd, finished 5-2 to City, 71/72 season.

3, Willie Donachie's intended hard, low cross that ended up in the net at Elland Road, 74/75 season, finished 2-2.

4. Asa Hartford's 30 yard screamer at Boro, Xmas '77, won 2-0.

5. Jim Melrose's 50 yard volley, obviously!

This one!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvcmdykZww4[/youtube]
My first Premier League game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.